Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jürgen Klopp gears up for first visit to Everton by watching Creed via The Guardian

• Manager enjoyed Rocky spin-off film with scene shot at Goodison Park
• Predecessor Brendan Rodgers was sacked after last season’s fixture
Jürgen Klopp has said he is relishing a first visit to Goodison Park after watching the Rocky spin-off Creed. Liverpool make the short trip across Stanley Park on Monday for the 227th Merseyside derby and Klopp’s debut at Goodison. The corresponding fixture last season was Brendan Rodgers’ final game as Liverpool manager and, though his successor watched the 1-1 draw on television, he took more notice of his rivals’ stadium when deciding to watch the Hollywood film after the club’s Christmas party on Thursday.

Creed, starring WBC cruiserweight champion and Evertonian Tony Bellew, featured a fight sequence filmed at Goodison Park and left its mark on Klopp, a self-confessed Rocky fan.

Related: Everton v Liverpool: match preview

Related: Lallana scores twice to ease Liverpool to victory over Middlesbrough

Continue reading…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Everton v Arsenal – the best Everton performance since, well, Arsenal! via NSNO

Now firsts things first let’s give credit where credit is due. We deserved the 3 points on Tuesday and I think by now the whole nation is used to the rubbish that Arsene Wenger talks in his post-match interviews.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

The day I broke my derby rule via NSNO

I haven’t watched an away derby in four years. I just can’t hack them anymore. A series of poor performances, results, injustice meant that my blood pressure rises to a point where the top of my head blows off.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Koeman delight at contract extensions via NSNO

Everton boss Ronald Koeman is delighted that three players have been rewarded with new contract extensions: Gareth Barry, Leighton Baines, and Mason Holgate.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Everton’s Ronald Koeman looks to punish Liverpool’s defensive frailties via The Guardian

• ‘Merseyside derby record is not good. One out of 19 – it’s time to beat them’
• Talks with Ross Barkley over new contract will open in new year
Ronald Koeman has told Everton it is time to improve their dismal derby record against Liverpool and draw encouragement from their rivals’ defensive problems.

Related: Everton v Liverpool: match preview

Continue reading…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Ronald Koeman insists a new deal for Ross Barkley is ‘not a priority’ for Everton ahead of Merseyside derby via Daily Mail

As things stand, though, there has been no move from Everton to sit down with Ross Barkley. He has endured a difficult start to life under manager Ronald Koeman, who was appointed in the summer.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Everton’s Tom Davies on being Ronald Koeman’s type of player, helping the homeless and studying Barcelona’s best via Daily Mail

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tom Davies' prodigious talent has not gone unnoticed by Everton's fans. He is one of their own, a boyhood Blue born in Liverpool and a product of the club's academy.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Southampton fighting to secure supremacy on the South Coast but also to keep their star defender with Virgil van Dijk interesting the Premier League elite ahead of January window via Daily Mail

Look at the goals against column, for starters. They have conceded just 15 times in 16 top flight matches and Van Dijk has been central to a tally only leaders Chelsea and Tottenham have bettered.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Manchester City defender John Stones still needs to learn ‘many aspects of his play’, says former Everton boss Roberto Martinez via Daily Mail

The England international joined City from Everton for £47.5m earlier this year – making him the second most expensive defender in history. However, he has struggled to adapt to life at the Etihad.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Will the hope kill us again in the 227th Merseyside derby? via NSNO

A week ago today, many of us were sitting down to another Premier League weekend dreading the Tuesday night showdown at Goodison Park between Everton and Arsenal. Now, the mood has changed.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back