Everton on TV in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UEFA Cup (Europa Cup) matches in the past were usually shown on FSC and starting at this stage.

Now that FSC has Champions League rights, my guess is that we won't see too many Europa Cup matches shown here in the USA.

The good news is that when they did show Europa Cup matches, it usually involved an English team or teams.

I'll keep my eyes peeled but we may have to rely on Setanta. That said, the new Fox Soccer Plus channel which starts on March 1 may show Europa matches so we'll see.

I have been seeing the europa league matches so far on Gol tv. They showed the Everton vs Benfica home and away matches.

I was looking around on my channel guide and didn't see it on either FSC or Setanta.

Someone earlier mentioned looking at GolTV to see if they're showing any of the Europa Cup matches.

I'll keep my eyes peeled though.

Looks like the Tuesday Sporting CP game is on DIRECTV live at 12:45 ET:

DIRECTV: TV & Pay Per View

That says channel 462 (and in HD). If you click on the Europa League Schedule here: DIRECTV: Soccer It says it is FREE (with the basic package) and on channel 461. It looks like 461 is a multi-match viewing channel so 462 is likely the correct on.

So it looks like you need DIRECTV or you need to find a pub / restaurant with it that will put the game on.

Did I mentioned that I'm just enjoying the heck out of FSC in HD now ??

Watched part of the Inter vs. Napoli match yesterday and the picture was pretty stunning compared to what we normally used to watch.

Well they've been advertising that it'll begin on March 1st. I'm confident that the satellite companies will have it as an option as soon as it's available. My question is will FSC Plus take the place of Setanta here in the USA or be complement to it?

I was under the impression the FSC bought out the rights to the rest of Setanta's season (don't know where I got that from though). So will they transfer that broadcasting over to FSC Plus? Will they show some of it on FSC? Will I be paying for two channels at once or will I be able to "transfer" my Setanta subscription to the FSC Plus subscription.

I'm sure that there's a thread about this on Big Soccer somewhere but I'm just to lazy to go look.

Last edited:
Anyone else watch the FSC Soccer Report last night?

The new girl working with Terri Leigh is horrible.

1. Wack Canadian accent - abooout, etc...
2. Has absolutely no understanding of the game. Not that she needs to as she's just reading a teleprompter but her pronunciation was painful to listen to:

Santiago Bernabeu = Santiago Burnaboo
Sylvain Distin = Silvin Distn
Lyon = Lion
Marouane Felliani = Marwoon Felleeeneee
Pienaar = Pyenar
AC Milan = AC Millun

She might be cute but painful to listen to. Like that Jillian from the Bachelorette - cute, Canadian and rough on the ears.

Think this is her - Lara Baldesarra.

larabaldesarra1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back