Everton play like 'Stoke'

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafro

Player Valuation: £8m
I don't like starting a thread about comments from Liverpool but I just wanted to share my opinion on this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/29/liverpool-steven-gerrard-everton-physical

So Everton don't try to play football and play like Stoke is the jist of it. I know Ferguson said similar things after we beat them in Goodison and it just came across as embarassing. This comment by Gerrard was so farcical it didn't even annoy me... was just funny.

Even if what he was saying was true, it makes sense for a team to play highballs against a tiny midfield... this is the equivalent of berating a team for playing balls in behind the defence to expose slower defender playing a high line. That said, he's talking codswallop...

Stats from Sky Sports:
From Sky Sports :
Everton - Liverpool
Possession 56.2% - 43.8%
Long Balls 168 - 158
Crosses 34 - 17
Passes 400 - 314
Pass Completion 78.5% - 76.8%
Fouls 17 - 19

Bit embarassing for the lad really.... more posession, out passed and out crossed, and less fouls.... not really seeing the Stoke comparison.

Good post mate.

Yeah he's just a sore loser, it's the case with most 'big' teams (not that Liverpool are anymore) when they don't get their way. They kick up a massive fuss and claim that it was the opponents fault more so than the team just not being good enough.

It just proves that he went home and cried to his cocaine-addled bird.

All good. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside when Gerrard spits his dummy out.

He looked the biggest tit in the stadium after the eighty yard dash to celebrate in front of his own fans, even going down in his Platoon style pose. No one likes sh*t on as big as that so he's coming out swinging.

The fact remains though, he looked like a huge tit. A brilliant moment.

Fergie said something similar after the first game when we sent Utd back up the M62 with a smacked arse. Bollox to the lot of them. Sour grapes. Nothing more.

He looked the biggest tit in the stadium after the eighty yard dash to celebrate in front of his own fans, even going down in his Platoon style pose. No one likes sh*t on as big as that so he's coming out swinging.

The fact remains though, he looked like a huge tit. A brilliant moment.

Remember this.

[video=youtube;QubF5Afcuek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QubF5Afcuek[/video]

He was in uproar over it.

Hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.