Homepage Update: Everton reopen talks with Sam Allardyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_o55uke7ppJ1v11pzao1_500.gif

I think some of you need to get your heads out the sand. You're a total shambles all over the park and need someone who can make you solid and hard to beat at the minute

Eh, we've seen where it leads.

Your lot got him in and now you're sat with Chris Coleman as manager, looking to stay in the Championship and avoid back to back relegations.

Bolton died. Blackburn died. Newcastle went down. West Ham are about to die. The long-term implications outweigh the short-term gain.

I have morals, and Fat Sam has none.

This is Everton Football Club, and it’s being run like an old boys club. It’s the start of irreversible damage.

You don't have a crystal ball, and with respect have no idea if that will be the case or not.

All we can do is support our club, and support our manager. Allardyce or not, that's all we can do.

Negativity & false sense of entitlement won't help get us out of this mess

its going to take him at least 3 or 4 weeks with the players to get them going full speed to his way of thinking.

I'm not expecting him to come in and us to start winning 3 nil straight away, not the way we are currently performing anyhow

That is my big worry.

It is impossible to see him doing much with our defence as those players are not suited to his style of rugged defending.

He needs a big strong target man like Nolan or Carroll....DCL is too powder puff.

I have no doubt if he comes in we will be bottom three in January.....it will take most of that month to recruit the type of fellow he needs....who knows how long for them to gel together.

By February we might need snookers to get to 17th place :(

Honestly, I see no upside at all if we appoint Sam.

Probably mate. I just can't accept it
you'll love it when the tackles go flying in and the ball gets sprayed around goodison faster than how spurs play.

he'll sign us a Duncan ferguson clone to get 85th minute winners against the likes of united too.

bring back the glory days of hard, passionate football please Sammy boy!

From a decent Facebook Everton group.

Update on manager search, last ditch attempt made for Silva last night again refused by Watford, Allardyce and Shakespeare are currently flying in from Abu Dhabi to finalise a deal.

Plans to replace Elstone remain the same.

Any money Allardyce gets will be wasted on yard dogs, you're all failing to see the bigger picture. This short term fix will destroy us, it's what he does. We are not in such a state of distress that we need this kind of person at the club, there are many decent managers that would come here but maybe the owner isn't as serious about building something than he is protecting his cash.

Far from my first choice for various reasons and why we didn't get him a month ago if we were going to go back to him?But at the end of the day he is a big personality who could sort this mess out. Id take him til the e d of the season if the alternative is the current shambles.Good luck to him if appointed he'll need it.

Last edited:
If he comes good luck to him, not arsed if he votes Tory , stabs kittens eyeballs out with needles, and is into bondage as long as we improve on the current rubbish and move up the league.

Fair enough on the kittens but the Tory voting is a step too far.

Are there people who aren't into bondage?

Status
Not open for further replies.