Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am from Ohio, USA.
Grew up a couple hours south of Cleveland.

Some of you will understand the comparison story of LeBron James and Rooney.

When James left our basketball team and how he did it; crushing. It destroyed the fan base. It ruined the franchise for years. First place to last place. Fans were angry and the ownership wrote a scathing letter demonizing the former player.

Then like the prodigal son he returned. The skeptics remained and the fans still had the scar from his "decision" but the boy came home a man. A little wiser, more seasoned. Matured. Thus the fans were a little more seasoned, a little wiser, matured.

For a franchise, for a city, for supporters who had never seen a trophy lifted for over 50 years... There was the "what if", just what if this year is the year for glory. Redemption.

It happened in his second year back. All the hurt was gone. Forgiveness granted. The guy from northern Ohio winning a title with his boyhood team.

I got to live that fairytale. Celebrate with the millions all because of this one man who had the courage to to seek redemption.

The parallels abound for Rooney.
He is older, wiser; matured.
Maybe he lost a step? Perhaps he will never regain his moment to shine or hoist a cup.

But what if... Just what if?

... God Iove a good sports story and to get to live it twice. Send me to bed with a smile.
What a time to be a Blue.
oh yeah i forgot about that and im a heats fan as well

that was some fairytale story

I'm sorry, for a moment there it looked like a few of you are trying to make out that teams would prefer signing Rooney over lukaku today. 90 m player v a free/10 m player.

Yes it's exciting to many Evertonians to have him back, and yes many outside everton think it's embaressing and or charitable of us but. let's not go into denial about it.

I wish him.luck and hopefully he will perform at a new level now he is back at his club. Let's see, let's be realistic.
No, we know we didn't have a choice on Rom leaving. But the point is Rom isn't as good as some say he is (statistics show) and his effort may not mesh well with his new team. Rooney may also not be as bad as others say as well

I keep thinking about the 2008 transfer window where we literally signed no one until a week or so before the season.. I think we got Jacobsen the full back on a free or something.

Now we have 6 quality new players and it's mid July, a new stadium coming, Mosh who has ambition and a brain, an excellent manager... Wayne Rooney has returned... what a time to be alive.

I keep thinking about the 2008 transfer window where we literally signed no one until a week or so before the season.. I think we got Jacobsen the full back on a free or something.

Now we have 6 quality new players and it's mid July, a new stadium coming, Mosh who has ambition and a brain, an excellent manager... Wayne Rooney has returned... what a time to be alive.

And no more Kone, Mcgeady, Niasse etc.

Can't wait for the new season.

I hope I am right and have a very good feeling about this. I think he kings of been unmotivated for the last couple of year but that being back at Everton he is going to be very motivated and be brilliant. He looks in shape and clearly he already started getting himself in shape (for us).

Welcome back Wayne, 11-15 goals next season if injuries are kind to him, said all the right things in his interview, looking forward to seeing him playing in our kit this season coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back