Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be brilliant. The thought of Davies, Barkley and Rooney playing in and around the same area will be fantastic!

said this yesterday, as well as baines. 4 scouers in the team, who all at one point were at our academy and all support everton. I don't think any other premier league club comes close to that. Lot of talented scousers there ... what's liverpool's excuse?

World Cup is in the Summer it's one of the few things he hasn't won, you can be damned sure he'll be working his socks off to get back into the England squad for a chance at winning that Cup
I agree, I definitely think he's motivated.

But I meant more that the club must help demonstrate that. The narrative has to be that he's back to win things, to join our revolution.

In not altogether convinced that Rooney (anyone calling him Wazza is a soft wool scruff) coming back is the right move but i trust Koeman's judgment and if he says Rooney can help us be successful I'm happy to take his word for it. I'm going into the season with an open mind regarding the lad and will give him warranted praise and criticism when due. I'm not going along with this overly emotional BS about a player who left us but that doesn't mean I'm gonna slaughter him before he's even kicked a ball for us this time round. Basically I'm just at the cautiously optimistic wait and see phase.

Its easy to see even on the Everton facebook the global exposure that bringing Rooney back will give us. I've seen hundreds of foreign Rooney fans commenting.

Some even going as far as to say they will follow Everton now or buy the everton top. Its a mad world that i dont understand as we here in Britain support a club and not a player.

I reckon he will still have lots to give and his passion and determination highest it has been for a long time
I actually spotted a United 'fan' claiming that he'll buy his shirt. The appeal certainly seems to be there.

What's nice is, regardless of whether this works out or not, he just looks delighted to be back, in that interview where he mentions his Everton PJs. I haven't seen him look that happy in years

I agree, I definitely think he's motivated.

But I meant more that the club must help demonstrate that. The narrative has to be that he's back to win things, to join our revolution.

I have every bit of faith that the club are going to demonstrate that desire, we've already seen as much with all the early signings we've made, now it just needs to transition onto the pitch. Another benefit of getting Rooney in is the knowledge and experience he can pass on to the likes of Davies, Kenny, DCL and Lookman, I could actually see him taking up a coaching role here once he's retired from playing.

What will be interesting is whether or not he'll be getting the Captains armband this season or at least get vice captain, I think he'd do a good job for us as captain having been captain at UTD

Can't wait to watch the first game of the season now, even though he's not even our best signing. That's the appeal of Wayne.

Welcome home. We all make mistakes when we're young. If only mine had made me one of the most successful footballers of all time lol

In not altogether convinced that Rooney (anyone calling him Wazza is a soft wool scruff) coming back is the right move but i trust Norman's judgment and if he says Rooney can help us be successful in happy to take his word for it. I'm going into the season with an open mind regarding the lad and will give him warranted praise and criticism when due. I'm not going along with this overly emotional BS about a player who left us but that doesn't mean I'm gonna slaughter him before he's even kicked a ball for us this time round. Basically I'm just at the cautiously optimistic wait and see phase.
That is what my head says but the old softie in me has to admit that the videos/interviews/pictures of him back in blue are having an impact on me!

I've been opposed to this signing and don't really see the reasoning behind it considering he isn't the player he was.

But, I hope he proves me wrong and has a spectacular swan song back with us.

Anyone see Wayne well up a bit when talking about the trophy of 95 last win?

FWIW..

Its still breaking on Sky Sports news 830pm
Its still the main story at 830 pm
We confirmed it around 12 today.
The whole BBC Sport football page is devoted to him.

Still one of the most talked about players in the country. Another massive PLUS to this signing.

His signing will also take some of the spotlight away from some of our other new signings.

Might even get to be 2nd game on match of the day

Great Signing, what he offers on the pitch will be coupled with his experience in being a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back