Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

My first Everton game, that.

Magic.

Remember in the same fixture the year after, I think, one of his boots slipped off as he was leading a counter-attack.

Think he went for goal from about 40 yards out, landed on the roof of the net.

I have heard him being interviewed abut Everton related stuff on the talkSPORT overnite programme a few times.

The rest of that panel though.....Kopites or what.

Steve Nichol is on that

I'm of the opinion that he is actually the worse person currently on the planet when it comes to football analysis.

Think it was Lacazette they were talking about the other day, and Nichol said: "He's proved to me last season that he can score goals..."

Lacazette has scored 20 goals per-season in the last four seasons.

It's a joke how people like that have swindled those jobs.

RK will obviously know best, I really hope he ISN'T deployed as an orthodox midfielder. He may look quality spraying 40 yard passes from behind the half way line, but it's just a waste of his attacking instinct imo.

Wayne Rooney, even at 31, has much more to offer than Calvert-Lewin, Kone or Niasse.

Indeed, now that Lukaku has sacked us off, Wayne Rooney is easily the best striker that we have.

Heart and head in unison, welcome back Wayne. With Lukaku on the way out do we need a replacement 20 plus a season goalscorer? Maybe not. We now have 4 or 5 players with the ability to score at least 10 goals a season and with Sigurdsson next to come in make that 6.

I see a lot of icey hearts have melted with the visual reality of Rooney signing.

He will be an outstanding squad rotation player being able to come on as midfielder or striker (better than any of our first team last season, lukaku excluded). But I think sandro as striker (or hopefully one new big striker signing to come) and klassen as attacking center mid would be first choice starters.

The prodigal son returns. Let's hope it's Roy of the Rovers stuff.

Welcome lad. It must be a relief that you drop the act that you like man u now, a bit like Phil Neville did with Everton when he left us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back