Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was as gutted as most and hated him.

But as all football fans I am fickle and if he turns up produces the goods and we go on to win something or champions league and best of all the league then welcome back.

Reactions: rbm
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ey-Farhad-Moshiri-Ronald-Koeman-Romelu-Lukaku

Last season, Everton were the best of the rest in England, finishing seventh in the top flight. The fans are hopeful that they might just crack the top six this time around. Manage that, and Rooney’s return really will have been worth it.

They're begrudgingly acknowledging a change in us going forward but, they're still not believing it.."they might just crack the top six this time around" is the best they can suggest.
Not that it matters from a 'paper' like that anyway.

Steve Nichol is on that

I'm of the opinion that he is actually the worse person currently on the planet when it comes to football analysis.

Think it was Lacazette they were talking about the other day, and Nichol said: "He's proved to me last season that he can score goals..."

Lacazette has scored 20 goals per-season in the last four seasons.

It's a joke how people like that have swindled those jobs.

Yes, I have heard Nichol a few times Toff and he us beyond bitter.

And a dreadful pundit into the bargain.

Best British player was Georgie Best, in fact, after watching Pele, Eusebio, Bene et al, in the 66 World Cup, I would go as far as to say Best was the finest player I ever saw. After Best the best British player, by a country mile, was one Alan James Bal, Gazza was not in the same league as those two, good as he was.
Wasn't George Best Irish?

Hmmm, possibly not haha (I was too young to remember when Fat Ronny burst onto the scene, and unlike Best (one of my Dad's favourites) I haven't seen to many clips etc.

Best British player, then. Including Gazza.

But he's definitely up there. He was definitely the most exciting player at the 2004 Euros as well.
Ronaldo was taken to a World Cup when he was 17 just for the experience. There's no other player on the planet that could have happened to. [we are talking being selected by Brazil here]. Not taking anything away from Rooney, but there are levels. Rooney to Ronaldo is roughly Ricky Hatton to Floyd Mayweather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back