Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in, the best at such a young age.

I never saw Ball, clearly. Never Best, either - but both are players that my Dad idolised (the former being the reason he (and therefore me) is an Evertonian)

All we can do about players from the past is believe what people who played with and against them and people who regularly saw them say.

Best Evertonian? Ball or Alex Young. Both have support.

Best player in the English league? George Best. Literally everyone who played with or against him says he was the best they competed with. With the exception of Jack Charlton I have never head a player from back then deny that Best was a step above even the very gifted.

Britain = England and Wales
Great Britain = England, Wales, and Scotland
UK= England, Wales, Scotland, and NI
British Isles = the whole caboodle (i.e. the group of islands off the north-western coast of continental Europe that consist of the islands of Great Britain, Ireland and over six thousand smaller isles.)

Britain = England and Wales
Great Britain = England, Wales, and Scotland
UK= England, Wales, Scotland, and NI
British Isles = the whole caboodle (i.e. the group of islands off the north-western coast of continental Europe that consist of the islands of Great Britain, Ireland and over six thousand smaller isles.)
Wools?

Wasn't George Best Irish?

No.

He was from the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland and thus had British citizenship:

image.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back