Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah, so it's Van Gaal and Mourinho's fault! We'll that's ok then - hopefully Koeman will be able to get Wayne to lose 2 stone and actually run again.

He isn't burnt out then? Ferguson saw his decline coming and tried to get rid only for Davie Moyes to give him a huge contract.

This decline you mention, is it the one where in SAF's last season and Rooney got injured early on, he then returned to help them to their last title......

Lots of frothing and no reasonable debate. Shame.

Is there anyone apart from myself and @Kev The Rat that thinks this will end in tears?
Think there are plenty of us that have concerns, just prefer to wait and see what happens now the deal is done.

He certainly looks motivated and trim and the focus on him, good or bad, will take the spotlight off our other new signings and make their integration easier.

Some of us will give the player a chance, before we condemn him if necessary, some have no imagination or soul and cannot see beyond the end of their own ego.

What I don't understand is this: Now he is an Everton player, why does he not get unconditional support, until or unless he does something wrong?

Its not like he is Adam Johnson, Ched Evans or Joey Barton, is it?

I think the fact he played less football last year will put him in better shape for us this season. With CL and England duty since he left our club he must have been clocking on 60 games a season and minimal breaks. If Ronald manages him right and rotates him and the squad I think this could turn out to be a great move for both parties. He has still got a great football brain and I got the impression in the last few months of last season his heart didn't look in it at united. I'm confident we are going to see a different player for us this season. We need the snide Rooney back. Then we will have a player on our hands

I was not a fan of bringing Rooney back to the club, but I'm holding off on going too mental about it until I've seen him subbed after 20 minutes with a collapsed lung after sprinting 15 yards.
Fair do's.

I will pipe down now gentleman. Said my bit. Don't hate me for it.

Hopefully Wayne proves me wrong and scores lots of goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back