Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bury your head in the sand all you like.

But when Slippy Stevie was finished at the RS, and everyone knew yet he kept playing for sentimental reasons, we all loved it.

This is exactly the same. Most blues are letting their hearts rule their heads with this.

Rooney the footballer is finished. Mourinho knew it and got rid as soon as possible.

Did you all forget about Rooney's performances last season? They were absolutely dire.

This makes no sense whatsoever. I am numb.
He's an Everton player. No matter what you think, get behind him and support him.

I don't like Barkley for example but I'll cheer him on anyways.

He played 25 games in the league alone last season. Jose must take a long time to see what you see...
Clutching now.

Mourinho has to phase out Wayne and everyone knows this.

I was shocked that he managed to actually completely drop him by March and then SELL him by now! He was a huge personality at Old Trafford.

Tell me this: Did you enjoy Rooney's performances and think they would be good enough for us last season?

Bury your head in the sand all you like.

But when Slippy Stevie was finished at the RS, and everyone knew yet he kept playing for sentimental reasons, we all loved it.

This is exactly the same. Most blues are letting their hearts rule their heads with this.

Rooney the footballer is finished. Mourinho knew it and got rid as soon as possible.

Did you all forget about Rooney's performances last season? They were absolutely dire.

This makes no sense whatsoever. I am numb.

Mate, if you're genuinely "numb", then you need to get a grip.

Give him a chance, there's probably quite a few factors that could explain his form over the past couple of seasons. Having to play turgid Van Gaal and Mourinho football would not have helped.

lads,lads,lads, he's only 31, was England captain 6 months ago, he sat on the bench for half of last season. The not so special one always gets shut of a top name when he lands a new job, Mata at Chelsea, Iker Casillas, at Real. It's a world cup year, Wayne will be busting a gut to go to his last world cup and he will want to go as captain of his country. In Ron we trust.

Mate, if you're genuinely "numb", then you need to get a grip.

Give him a chance, there's probably quite a few factors that could explain his form over the past couple of seasons. Having to play turgid Van Gaal and Mourinho football would not have helped.
Ah, so it's Van Gaal and Mourinho's fault! We'll that's ok then - hopefully Koeman will be able to get Wayne to lose 2 stone and actually run again.

He isn't burnt out then? Ferguson saw his decline coming and tried to get rid only for Davie Moyes to give him a huge contract.

When we're playing and (if) he is scoring goals then I will shout the house down.

But I am a fan who is extremely sceptical about this. There is a reason why NO big side wanted to know about Rooney being transfer listed. He had the choice of China or us.

It's a silly move for all involved. It also puts RK in a difficult situation. He won't be able to just drop Wayne as soon as he starts getting out of breath after just 20 minutes.

I watch a LOT of football and Rooney stunk the place out at Man Utd last few seasons. He was woeful.
You know what fella -
How about not even trying to come come across all knowledgeable if he fails and just get behind him right here and now!
Who tf cares if some RS says I told you so - even worse when a blue does.

Ah, so it's Van Gaal and Mourinho's fault! We'll that's ok then - hopefully Koeman will be able to get Wayne to lose 2 stone and actually run again.

He isn't burnt out then? Ferguson saw his decline coming and tried to get rid only for Davie Moyes to give him a huge contract.
Davey gave him that contract cos he was the only one keeping him in a job

When we're playing and (if) he is scoring goals then I will shout the house down.

But I am a fan who is extremely sceptical about this. There is a reason why NO big side wanted to know about Rooney being transfer listed. He had the choice of China or us. - Because he made it clear he would only play for us in the Prem.

It's a silly move for all involved. It also puts RK in a difficult situation. He won't be able to just drop Wayne as soon as he starts getting out of breath after just 20 minutes. - Koeman wanted him. If he's in a difficult situation, he put himself there. Also he's Koeman, he can do what he likes.

I watch a LOT of football and Rooney stunk the place out at Man Utd last few seasons. He was woeful. - yeah well, many disagree, and at a minimum he's an upgrade over what we had last year.

That's the spirit, mate.

Also, he's looking in decent shape at the moment.

But I am a fan who is extremely sceptical about this. There is a reason why NO big side wanted to know about Rooney being transfer listed. He had the choice of China or us.

It's a silly move for all involved. It also puts RK in a difficult situation. He won't be able to just drop Wayne as soon as he starts getting out of breath after just 20 minutes.

I watch a LOT of football and Rooney stunk the place out at Man Utd last few seasons. He was woeful.

Agree Rooney was not great last year and time will tell. But how do you know factually that he had only one offer from China and one from us? When everyone was saying he was going to China, did you know he had made his mind up to come here? Did you know that Koeman had met him three or four times over the past six months? Do you know his agent so you KNOW he only had the two offers or is that just a guess based on zero inside information other than the press? Do you know for certain that no-one from other top teams made a call? Because I have heard him say a couple of times he had other offers on the table. Do you honestly think a 31 year old record goalscorer for England and the biggest team in the world only had one offer from China? Even John Terry had a few, albeit from Championship and lower Prem teams.

different team, different manager, different strategies. if koeman wants to play a different attacking strategy, maybe we can do a bit more with wayne than you'd think. there are all these variables that you can't possibly account for

Clutching now.

Mourinho has to phase out Wayne and everyone knows this.

I was shocked that he managed to actually completely drop him by March and then SELL him by now! He was a huge personality at Old Trafford.

Tell me this: Did you enjoy Rooney's performances and think they would be good enough for us last season?
I'll admit that I did not watch Utd much last season, I support Everton, not football. However I think it's you who are clutching at straws if you think Mourinho thought, "Rooney is finished, but I'm going to keep everyone happy by playing an understrengh side for 25 games in a 38 game competition". I'm not well informed enough on Rooney to state with any surety that he'll be great for us, but I'm prepared to support our team with him in it and give all of them the benefit of the doubt.

Have you finished yet........

Seen the pictures of Rooney mate, he already has lost that much weight - by training on his own as well, so thats part one done innit? :)

BTW Pirlo joined Juve on a free at 32 after Milan decided not to renew his contract, he'd not featured much in his last season and had a pretty bad year all around and a lot thought he was basically a finished or close to being so player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back