Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it the current Ronaldo? Thought it was the other one.

Oh well, shows the usual; my memory is fudge, and my footie knowledge is still tripe.

the original Brazilian Ronaldo...Utd won 4-3 but went out to that hat-trick and showed him great respect to be fair, partly because he was booed by his own fans in the first leg

Just watched them first half against Gor.

Even at 31 Rooney is still our best player if that game is anything to go by. Good linkup play and obviously fantastic goal.

I wasn't too impressed by anyone else although it was just the first half of the first pre season game.

City fan backed Rooney to join Everton in 2010 at 100/1, amazing price that

He ignored all the speculation he would join City…reflected in the Betfred odds at the time on Rooney’s next club: City 11/8, Chelsea 5/2, Real Madrid 3/1, Barcelona 8/1 with AC Milan or Inter Milan 20/1.

The outside bet at 100-1 was that he would return to his boyhood club, Everton – the same odds as joining Liverpool!

Fred Done, Betfred owner, said: “It’s amazing that a Red legend like Wayne Rooney going back to his boyhood club is paying for honeymoon of a loyal City fan. Jordon is one of only 19 people in the country who put a bet on Rooney going to Everton at 100-1. Have a celebratory jug of Sangria on me!”

This trip to Tanzania was by all accounts, the first one by a PL team to Africa, (other than South Africa), and the reception was just amazeballs.

Rooney main focus, obvs, oh, and Bolashie, (he met the President), but 1000's of fans travelled from all over the area to either see the match, or just get a glimpse of the team.

And the whole team did tons of community stuff; played blind football with a local disabled school team, cooked with the locals on the beach.

Read about it in a 2 page special in the MOS, (missus gets it for the magazine and puzzles ffs), but quite a splash we made out there.

City fan backed Rooney to join Everton in 2010 at 100/1, amazing price that

He ignored all the speculation he would join City…reflected in the Betfred odds at the time on Rooney’s next club: City 11/8, Chelsea 5/2, Real Madrid 3/1, Barcelona 8/1 with AC Milan or Inter Milan 20/1.

The outside bet at 100-1 was that he would return to his boyhood club, Everton – the same odds as joining Liverpool!

Fred Done, Betfred owner, said: “It’s amazing that a Red legend like Wayne Rooney going back to his boyhood club is paying for honeymoon of a loyal City fan. Jordon is one of only 19 people in the country who put a bet on Rooney going to Everton at 100-1. Have a celebratory jug of Sangria on me!”
Wow! Hard to believe it was ever 100-1. Quite predictable really.

Lol at United fans going ballistic because Rooney has dared to say standards have slipped since Fergie left. I don't think it is unfair to say that? They've hardly dominated since. I also agree that the quality of players in the team now are not up to previous standards. Love that he has riled them up already!

When did he say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back