Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

What tier is that then lads :lol:

L'Équipe is Tier 2 regarding French transfers.

• Tier 2 – Known to have current sources, but are still fallible and just short of being considered an authority on rumour discussions. However, multiple individuals or sources from this tier reporting the same rumour may indicate a strong possibility of truth to the rumour.

Unless somebody else picks it up, file it under meh for now.

Would you regard 25m euros so about 22m quid as big money though mate?

And if we got the same for DCL so balances itself out money wise what'd you reckon?

Injury record, these days a ACL doesn't worry me anywhere near what it once did, can't remember the last time one went again on a player compared to how it used to be - a career finisher.

The deep muscle tear like DCL and Gbamin had scares me a hell of a lot more as it just seems to lead to a none stop injury cycle on the players who get them.

The thing is mate, this is a guy who is over 25, will likely be on good wages and has had 2 decent seasons in a top division, and a number of seasons where he has totally flopped.

Given he has injury issues too, to me it just feels very risky.

Honestly if we were bringing in Abraham I’d genuinely keep only Chermiti and Maupay with him. Chermiti as the backup, Maupay as the option that does something different (he clearly isn’t as bad as we’ve seen for us, can’t play the same system). Really surprised we’ve not been linked with a proper Onana replacement though, no real credible midfield links so far, must mean we’re waiting for Phillips I guess.

I’m shocked we’re still spending to be honest, I can only imagine that Moshiri is still confident of a sale soon because frankly he’s being very foolish to pump money into transfers that he mightn’t get a return on.
We've sold 75m worth of players and spent a fraction up front

The thing is mate, this is a guy who is over 25, will likely be on good wages and has had 2 decent seasons in a top division, and a number of seasons where he has totally flopped.

Given he has injury issues too, to me it just feels very risky.

An alternative way to look at it would be the first two seasons he was giving a starting spot in two top leagues he scored over 15 in both seasons (18 at Chelsea 12 the season after, 27 at Roma, 9 the next season), season before he moved he hardly played and on a loan to the championship he banged in 26 for Villa before breaking through yo the Chelsea team.

An alternative way to look at it would be the first two seasons he was giving a starting spot in two top leagues he scored over 15 in both seasons (18 at Chelsea 12 the season after, 27 at Roma, 9 the next season), season before he moved he hardly played and on a loan to the championship he banged in 26 for Villa before breaking through yo the Chelsea team.

It just seems there's a lot of seasons where he didn't do a lot mate, and look I don't really count goals in the championship so high, as when he came up he didn't score many in that team.

For me a loan would make sense. One side issue, is if Everton and Roma are still doing business, it would hint to move TFG may be back at some point.

….encouraged with a number of players we’ve been linked with tbh. Ok, they’re just rumours but some are so left field I actually wonder if there is something in them.

Id imagine we are making calls checking on conditions in a lot of cases mate, seems like we have a few plates spinning, also appears we are working to a well thought out and purposeful plan and the fact we have lads in (and out) at this stage - is a new MO for us.

You really have to query the role and influence of the owner, chairman and CEO in recruitment in previous windows when you have a look at whats changed from other windows to now. Know your not a fan of DOF and i know the role spans beyond recruitment - but execution has been surprisingly good.

Id imagine we are making calls checking on conditions in a lot of cases mate, seems like we have a few plates spinning, also appears we are working to a well thought out and purposeful plan and the fact we have lads in (and out) at this stage - is a new MO for us.

You really have to query the role and influence of the owner, chairman and CEO in recruitment in previous windows when you have a look at what changed from other windows to now. Know your not a fan of DOF and i know the role spans beyond recruitment - but execution has been surprisingly good.

….agree, I’m not in the least a fan of Thelwell but I want him to be a success and I’m encouraged with this window so far.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back