Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

It’s interesting reading threads like this and posts on Twitter where fans say we must get 5/6/7 players in after O’Brien.

I am not sure what place in the table they are aiming for by saying we need that many. However, I am certain it’s probably higher than Dyche/Thelwell are setting as our benchmark this season.

At the end of the day, we are probably aiming for anywhere from 10th to 15th this season and I think our current squad pretty much does that job.

Therefore, I don’t think we MUST sign another loads of players to hit our aim this season but it would be a nice bonus if we did.

Some positions like RB and LB we have plenty of cover in and while we might not like some of the options, they are solid enough to do a job for a 10-15th placed team for this season.

At the end of the day, how many clubs in the bottom half have real quality in every position? Not many if any at all. So we just need a good core of 5 or so players and the rest do not need to be world beaters

Dunno mate, scored 26 in the championship with villa, next season started for Chelsea scored 18. Season after that he scored 13 still but in less than half the minutes (3,000 down to 1,500)

Scored 26 on an earlier loan to the championship also when he was just 19

That's fair mate. I suppose Im just worried buying older (over 25) players who've missed a lot of games from top teams like. We have been burnt a lot.

His record is a bit sketchy, but to be fair we aren't getting a lad who's regularly been 10+ goals every season in the Prem. The worry is more the injury and the age. It's not like he's really come back from it well.

I'd be much happier with a loan initially.

An Everton Monopoly game could be interesting, would love to see the board.
1722360366679.webp

It’s interesting reading threads like this and posts on Twitter where fans say we must get 5/6/7 players in after O’Brien.

I am not sure what place in the table they are aiming for by saying we need that many. However, I am certain it’s probably higher than Dyche/Thelwell are setting as our benchmark this season.

At the end of the day, we are probably aiming for anywhere from 10th to 15th this season and I think our current squad pretty much does that job.

Therefore, I don’t think we MUST sign another loads of players to hit our aim this season but it would be a nice bonus if we did.

Some positions like RB and LB we have plenty of cover in and while we might not like some of the options, they are solid enough to do a job for a 10-15th placed team for this season.

At the end of the day, how many clubs in the bottom half have real quality in every position? Not many if any at all. So we just need a good core of 5 or so players and the rest do not need to be world beaters

i’m made up now with 4 didn’t expect that!

if we get a CB and a CF

we will win the league

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back