Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

That's fair mate. I suppose Im just worried buying older (over 25) players who've missed a lot of games from top teams like. We have been burnt a lot.

His record is a bit sketchy, but to be fair we aren't getting a lad who's regularly been 10+ goals every season in the Prem. The worry is more the injury and the age. It's not like he's really come back from it well.

I'd be much happier with a loan initially.

Of all the positions the two in not arsed about trying to get in some great young player who'll develop into top class over 3-4 seasons us at striker and keeper mate, both positions more than any other require immediate production and ls k of that drops major points - can't start and learn on the job at this level unless your performing week in week out

I'm also fully aware that our current place in the pecking order any young forward we gets who produces the numbers we'd want to see 15+ will simply get poached of us the season after.

Someone at Abraham's age you have more chance of keeping hold of them if they start hitting 15-20 in a season as they'll be already 26-28yo.

That's fair mate. I suppose Im just worried buying older (over 25) players who've missed a lot of games from top teams like. We have been burnt a lot.

His record is a bit sketchy, but to be fair we aren't getting a lad who's regularly been 10+ goals every season in the Prem. The worry is more the injury and the age. It's not like he's really come back from it well.

I'd be much happier with a loan initially.

As for his fitness, he had an ankle injury 5-6 seasons ago and last season he missed with his ACL came back the last ten games.

I wouldn't call him injury prone, he's had one medium injury when about 21 (ankle which he's shown he's fully recovered from) and one very serious injury but otherwise missed very little time with minor- medium knocks

In what world do we have plenty of cover at left back. We have mykolenko whose currently injured and a 39yo Ashley Young.
In a world where you don’t need a world class player in every position to finish where we are aiming to.

We have enough there for this season and next it can move up the priority list

In a world where you don’t need a world class player in every position to finish where we are aiming to.

In no world is having a currently injured player who only has a 38yo as a backup considered 'plenty of cover' mate.

If Myko gets injured this season we cannot rely on a 40 year old as cover. He's more likely than not to be injured too.

My concern is even if Young is enough it would our left side glaringly weak to opposition teams. Imo the kind of player we want to pick up is a young LB 19-22yr/o who can develop to be effective competition to Myko, we have no one ATM

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back