Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Always liked Abraham, knows how to score a variety of goals, well rounded centre forward.

25 mill euros looks a very good price if we are convinced his injury hasn't badly impacted.

Thelwell likes to go back for previous targets as well.

Would love to see Abraham here, significant improvement on DCL

Max Beier at Hoffenheim, £25mil.

Statement signings cost big money
That’s why they are called statement signings

No, its also when you sign a player who others would say is above your station.

is there a filter on the scouting search for 'African players'?

That is clear racism.

We could replace Doucs with an 18 yr old and get Doucoure to look after the crèche that would be our midfield

Doucoure has been replaced by Ndiaye.

Im not sure how hes magically lost 6 years years of his life here...already :o

It’s interesting reading threads like this and posts on Twitter where fans say we must get 5/6/7 players in after O’Brien.

I am not sure what place in the table they are aiming for by saying we need that many. However, I am certain it’s probably higher than Dyche/Thelwell are setting as our benchmark this season.

At the end of the day, we are probably aiming for anywhere from 10th to 15th this season and I think our current squad pretty much does that job.

Therefore, I don’t think we MUST sign another loads of players to hit our aim this season but it would be a nice bonus if we did.

Some positions like RB and LB we have plenty of cover in and while we might not like some of the options, they are solid enough to do a job for a 10-15th placed team for this season.

At the end of the day, how many clubs in the bottom half have real quality in every position? Not many if any at all. So we just need a good core of 5 or so players and the rest do not need to be world beaters

In what world do we have plenty of cover at left back. We have mykolenko whose currently injured and a 39yo Ashley Young.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back