Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Roma boss Daniele De Rossi has been quoted by Roma Press as saying that Abraham is an ‘important player’ and there could be a market for his signature as a result.

De Rossi accepts that he has not seen the ‘real Tammy’ since becoming Roma boss as he battles back from a huge injury.

The Italian notes that some players want more playing time and will ultimately have to move, leaving the door open for Abraham to go.

“Abraham and Bove’s future? Tammy is a strong player, an important player, he could have a lot of market because he is an important player and has recovered. I’ve seen him the last 6 months and he comes from a very big injury,” said De Rossi.

“I know what we’ve seen is not the real Tammy and we want to focus on strong players, the same goes for Bove. I evaluate, I watch them in training, I talk to the director and we look at the opportunities that the market and the demand of the players can give us, because they often want more space, they complain, I understand it and I have to accept it,” he added.

I'd try to get a double deal for both over the line.

Roma basically brought in a lot of players this season and need to recoup some to bring in the last few they are after.

Think they'd be different roles really. Ndiaye will be basically just doing what Doucoure did last year, I wouldn't call it 2 up top but I know what you mean. He'd run onto balls from the bigger lad and going beyond him, rather than playing off him and more setting him up.

At sheff united in his last season he played in a two up front as the deeper guy. Not as an attacking mid mate

Based on where he has actually played in the past, it seems to be the opposite of this. so he plays on the right, but he gets in the box and assists and scores. Rather than being a winger that hugs the touchline and crosses it in.

This is going to depend on the managers instruction. Frankfurt were a counter attacking team, they often go the ball to Lindstrom in wide areas quickly and then he ran towards the box.

the video from about 1 minute onwards shows him primarily starting out wide and then moving into the box

This fella reckons he plays centrally at Brondby/Frankfurt;

Mostly deployed as a winger, Lindstrøm only played 418 minutes in the Serie A, and only started twice. At both Brøndby and Frankfurt, Lindstrøm played centrally on the pitch, and being played regularly outside of position, he struggled to make an impact when finally on the field. His performance dipped on all parameters, and his club struggled as well.

Full article: https://www.grandoldteam.com/2024/07/27/scout-analysis-jesper-lindstrom/

….i’d be wary of investing in Abraham given his injury record. We should have strict criteria when it comes to investing big money on players, and a good injury record has to be a tick box.

The other ‘must’ is that players are watched to ensure they for the clubs playing strategy. Stats are important but the club need to do their homework before acquiring expensive recruits.

….i’d be wary of investing in Abraham given his injury record. We should have strict criteria when it comes to investing big money on players, and a good injury record has to be a tick box.

The other ‘must’ is that players are watched to ensure they for the clubs playing strategy. Stats are important but the club need to do their homework before acquiring expensive recruits.

Would you regard 25m euros so about 22m quid as big money though mate?

And if we got the same for DCL so balances itself out money wise what'd you reckon?

Injury record, these days a ACL doesn't worry me anywhere near what it once did, can't remember the last time one went again on a player compared to how it used to be - a career finisher.

The deep muscle tear like DCL and Gbamin had scares me a hell of a lot more as it just seems to lead to a none stop injury cycle on the players who get them.

To be fair, its one year worth of time out due to a very serious one, before then he seemed to play most games most seasons https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammy_Abraham#Career_statistics. Actually very consistent until that unfortunate injury.

We'd never have expected Calvert Lewin to play so many games last year, and he could actually be described as injury prone over the years, so the current team do seem to know what they're doing in these situations. Its not a bad swap, and I feel we need a change.

Any deals from this point will have to be permanent I believe.

Rules were changed to max 2 loans. Which covers both abroad & domestic

I still thought you were allowed 4!

Attachments

• IMG_4180.webp
    IMG_4180.webp
    47.9 KB · Views: 5
Comparing him to Guardiola now. Mental.

Dyche is a limited manager. He hasn't improved anyone to the point that we should feel confident in him turning Kalvin Philips career around.

He gets credit where due but that doesnt mean we cant have criticism.

Philips suits Dyche and our style as he will be required to do the simple things.

Blumming hell you’re all over the place here. How many times do you want to move the point of debate.

‘That doesn’t mean we can’t have criticism’ - this is the equivalent to me coming on here saying ‘Dyche has improved every player in the squad’ then when someone disagreed with me I called them a muppet and say ‘he gets the criticism he’s due but that doesn’t mean we can’t have credit. This is as equally ridiculous as what you’ve just done.

There’s a group on here who want to make frankly inaccurate and ridiculous over the top wild criticisms of Dyche and then get irrationally annoyed when anyone disagrees with them. You don’t see anyone who is even remotely supportive of Dyche going around saying ‘the football is brilliant all the time’ ‘the players are all brilliant’ ‘every signing is brilliant’. Instead people are saying they think he’s done a decent job in the circumstances.

This is completely different to a group of Uber critics on here just shrieking hysterically over everything the club does.

No ones improved, we don’t pass forward, we have non- players, we don’t have any strikers or fullbacks, our midfielders don’t play football, all we do all the time is hoof - it’s just infantile asanine rubbish and if people put it out with the frequency they are then they can’t wet themselves when someone points out that they disagree with them

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back