Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Read a few articles on him and he does prefer being played in the middle with a freedom to roam.

There's a big difference between being played as a right winger who has a full back opposing and being an AM who drifts wide with space to run in to when the full back is occupied or there is space.

Hopefully we don't make the same mistake as Napoli.

Based on where he has actually played in the past, it seems to be the opposite of this. so he plays on the right, but he gets in the box and assists and scores. Rather than being a winger that hugs the touchline and crosses it in.

This is going to depend on the managers instruction. Frankfurt were a counter attacking team, they often go the ball to Lindstrom in wide areas quickly and then he ran towards the box.

the video from about 1 minute onwards shows him primarily starting out wide and then moving into the box

Isn’t that what Onana was though. He does play the anchor role and take the ball of the defence and look to get the team moving forward. Gana is the one that goes looking to win the ball. You are still right though, we need someone to play the anchor role and have the ability to get the ball moving.
I saw onana play the anchor role more on the Belgian team , dyche had him as more roving alongside Gana who like you said excelled at the role but there was a time last season dyche had Gana operate as the anchor and being on the ball is not one of his strengths, so hopefully he doesn't try that experiment again and brings someone else in

I saw onana play the anchor role more on the Belgian team , dyche had him as more roving alongside Gana who like you said excelled at the role but there was a time last season dyche had Gana operate as the anchor and being on the ball is not one of his strengths, so hopefully he doesn't try that experiment again and brings someone else in
Yeah Onana definitely it’s more suited to role he plays for Belgium. Think we thought we were getting a box to box players when he signed due to his physical attributes. Definitely need gana further up and a sitter infront of that back four.

Think realistically we could probably get around that for DCL, maybe 20 being more realistic, Beto too I reckon around the 16-18 mark if he goes back to Italy
Yeah I think we’re more likely to get that for Beto, I think we won’t get offers for DCL until the last week in the window as clubs know he’s out out of contract in a year and doesn’t appear to be interested in extending. Newcastle could test the waters with us with a low ball offer, I think the club could sell him on the cheap.

I'd take 10M for DCL right now.

Get it over and done with in a timely manner so we can spend the money. No point messing about.

Absolutely not - we need to get every penny we can for him. He is pure PSR profit and we are skint - we need both the PSR boost his sale will give us and the most amount of cash we can extract to enable us to continue our own rebuilding.

It's a question of patience. Unless you're flush with cash, you can't get every deal done early.

There's a number of players we have that we need/want/would be happy to sell if the deals are right, and some of them need to happen before incomings get done, but if you accept bargain basement deals early on, you're not going to be able to get everyone in that you'd ideally want to.

Patterson, Keane, Holgate, Calvert-Lewin, Beto, Maupay - based on what we've heard/what we know about those players, I can imagine they're all available if the terms are right, but it's a waiting game.

Based on where he has actually played in the past, it seems to be the opposite of this. so he plays on the right, but he gets in the box and assists and scores. Rather than being a winger that hugs the touchline and crosses it in.

This is going to depend on the managers instruction. Frankfurt were a counter attacking team, they often go the ball to Lindstrom in wide areas quickly and then he ran towards the box.

the video from about 1 minute onwards shows him primarily starting out wide and then moving into the box

You could well be right. I'm just going off other articles. The Lindstrom article that was on the homepage was by someone who watched him at Brondby and Frankfurt and reckons he prefers to play in the middle but can be deployed on the wings. Maybe worth having a read, see what you make of it.

Will be great if he can play both central and on the wings as it will give us options\depth. Just a bit worried about not getting the most out of players if not played in their ideal roles.

Would make more sense if he can play wide as pretty sure N'Diaye is best deployed centrally.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back