Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Honestly if we were bringing in Abraham I’d genuinely keep only Chermiti and Maupay with him. Chermiti as the backup, Maupay as the option that does something different (he clearly isn’t as bad as we’ve seen for us, can’t play the same system). Really surprised we’ve not been linked with a proper Onana replacement though, no real credible midfield links so far, must mean we’re waiting for Phillips I guess.

I’m shocked we’re still spending to be honest, I can only imagine that Moshiri is still confident of a sale soon because frankly he’s being very foolish to pump money into transfers that he mightn’t get a return on.

Well now you’ve moved the goalposts from improved to revolutionised. Is he supposed to have revolutionised anyone, or is his job to improve the team? This started by saying Dyche hasn’t improved any players since he’s been here. How have we had such an improvement in league performance if none of the players have improved? Even if Dyche has set up a tactical ystem that allows players to play their best, this is still improving them.

Otherwise we could say Guardiola hadn’t developed any players, Rodri De Bruyne etc. were always good and Guardiola has just allowed them to play.

Its a circular argument which just strips the manager of a club do any credit and ensures he takes all the blame. It basically boils down to ‘the players are good so if they play terribly it’s the managers fault whereas if they play well it’s because they’re good and it’s not down to the manager. How convenient.
Comparing him to Guardiola now. Mental.

Dyche is a limited manager. He hasn't improved anyone to the point that we should feel confident in him turning Kalvin Philips career around.

He gets credit where due but that doesnt mean we cant have criticism.

Philips suits Dyche and our style as he will be required to do the simple things.

Honestly if we were bringing in Abraham I’d genuinely keep only Chermiti and Maupay with him. Chermiti as the backup, Maupay as the option that does something different (he clearly isn’t as bad as we’ve seen for us, can’t play the same system). Really surprised we’ve not been linked with a proper Onana replacement though, no real credible midfield links so far, must mean we’re waiting for Phillips I guess.

I’m shocked we’re still spending to be honest, I can only imagine that Moshiri is still confident of a sale soon because frankly he’s being very foolish to pump money into transfers that he mightn’t get a return on.

personally i would ship out Maupay and DCL. Beto gives us some height at least and he's a big guy.

Beto, Abraham and Chermiti as out forwards gives us different options.

Maupay…he can’t play up front on his own because of Dyche’s style. It’s a dreadful signing from Lampard.

How many goals you reckon Abraham would bag in this side?

I reckon he’d score four.

Wait! I can do better.

He’d score four in seven.
SCORE FOUR IN SEVEN!

Abraham??!

Four score and seven????

I don’t even know why I bother.

How’s Keith Harris and Orville funny but this isn’t @MikeH72

You can all go and shag yourselves.

personally i would ship out Maupay and DCL. Beto gives us some height at least and he's a big guy.

Beto, Abraham and Chermiti as out forwards gives us different options.
Beto has height but his touch is awful. Ineffective as a focal point in my opinion, would need to be played in a 2.
Maupay…he can’t play up front on his own because of Dyche’s style. It’s a dreadful signing from Lampard.
I'm saying have Maupay as a different option, late on you put him up top with Abraham or Chermiti, not on his own. Wouldn't be a bad player if we played to his strengths, he scored as many goals as any of our strikers last season.

Beto has height but his touch is awful. Ineffective as a focal point in my opinion, would need to be played in a 2.

I'm saying have Maupay as a different option, late on you put him up top with Abraham or Chermiti, not on his own. Wouldn't be a bad player if we played to his strengths, he scored as many goals as any of our strikers last season.

Wouldn't that be the role for Ndiaye as his best season he played as a dropped off forward?

Rather than keeping an utter bellend whose a crap finisher

Wouldn't that be the role for Ndiaye as his best season he played as a dropped off forward?

Rather than keeping an utter bellend whose a crap finisher
Think they'd be different roles really. Ndiaye will be basically just doing what Doucoure did last year, I wouldn't call it 2 up top but I know what you mean. He'd run onto balls from the bigger lad and going beyond him, rather than playing off him and more setting him up.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back