Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I think instead of going for a player similar to onana aa a replacement we should try to acquire a defensive midfielder that is more suitable to a anchor role and can potentially serve as a deep lying playmaker instead of a ball chasing midfielder
Isn’t that what Onana was though. He does play the anchor role and take the ball of the defence and look to get the team moving forward. Gana is the one that goes looking to win the ball. You are still right though, we need someone to play the anchor role and have the ability to get the ball moving.

I think instead of going for a player similar to onana aa a replacement we should try to acquire a defensive midfielder that is more suitable to a anchor role and can potentially serve as a deep lying playmaker instead of a ball chasing midfielder
1722337861741.webp

I think that then adds to the problem i've already mentioned.
4 Centre mids of Doucoure, Garner, Gana & Iroegbunam leaves very little game time for a 5th
Still think will start in the 10 role also we had injury problems with doucoure and others last season. Definately need another cm imo

My case in point being, you cant just plan and bring players in on the basis of 'someone will take them at the end of the window'

What if no one wants to pay Keanes wages? What if everyone thinks Maupay is a massive Douch and don't want him anywhere near there team.
You could leave the words What if out of that last sentence and it would be a lot nearer the truth

This is literally 50% of the entire point of the game. It’s something Benitez Koeman Silva Lampard couldn’t achieve with us. It’s not and never will be a negative.

It’s a convenient argument though. Everything wrong with the team is Dyche’s fault, everything right with it is because players were already good, they improved in spite of him etc. What a convenient logical trap to ensure Dyche can never get any credit whatsoever.

I think you've missed my point altogether and just started crying.

I dont personally think Dyche has revolutioned any particualr player, just got us harder to beat as a group.

Hope this doesnt make you wet your Dyche bed sheets tonight. muppet.

I think Doucoure will drop deeper this season. I think he was playing further forward last season because of lack of choice.
I don't think at any stage in his career he could be described as creative.
Doucoure is terrible in a deeper role. He has very few positives to his game.

I think you've missed my point altogether and just started crying.

I dont personally think Dyche has revolutioned any particualr player, just got us harder to beat as a group.

Hope this doesnt make you wet your Dyche bed sheets tonight. muppet.

Well now you’ve moved the goalposts from improved to revolutionised. Is he supposed to have revolutionised anyone, or is his job to improve the team? This started by saying Dyche hasn’t improved any players since he’s been here. How have we had such an improvement in league performance if none of the players have improved? Even if Dyche has set up a tactical ystem that allows players to play their best, this is still improving them.

Otherwise we could say Guardiola hadn’t developed any players, Rodri De Bruyne etc. were always good and Guardiola has just allowed them to play.

Its a circular argument which just strips the manager of a club do any credit and ensures he takes all the blame. It basically boils down to ‘the players are good so if they play terribly it’s the managers fault whereas if they play well it’s because they’re good and it’s not down to the manager. How convenient.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back