Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

For sure it's a gamble, and why Thelwell is paid the big bucks.

If you wait...maybe you lose a key target...

Maybe you loan Maupay, Keane at a bargain price just to get some sort of income......maybe you waiit until somebody is more desperate and pays more.

Perhaps you a right and we are now in a sell to buy situation and we do a Kenwright special on transfer deadline day.
I wouldn't call it a sell to buy, it would more be 'squad management'

We all remember our 3 number 10s don't we? Is that not sort of replicated at the moment with Doucoure, Lindstrum, N'Diaye & possibly Dele?

Thats the one that is so frustrating. But at the same time we could have gone for him this summer with the Onana money.

Thats the Xfactor midfield signing I was hoping for. Not seeing anyone similar in profile linked now.

Was he good for England in those games October/November time?

Really?

Lindstrom, O'Brien, Ndiaye, Iroegbunam in so far.

I like Thelwell but are any of those signings truly 'exciting', provide an XFactor to class this as a "brilliant window" at this stage?

Yes, typically they match the profile of players and ages that I'd prefer but I think its very early to tell.

For me, hes got to move out Keane, Holgate, Maupay, Beto, DCL and bring in someone as a statement signing. That doesnt necessarily mean big money -- but a player we can see is a level above at CF at the very least.

We should be looking at some Scandinavian teams who bring in African players and target them for our u21s or for loans before they get their next move
Statement signings cost big money
That’s why they are called statement signings

We all remember our 3 number 10s don't we? Is that not sort of replicated at the moment with Doucoure, Lindstrum, N'Diaye & possibly Dele?

If we say we t in for Abraham we'd have to be pretty much sure we can offload Maupay and one or both of DCL and Beto. Otherwise yeah we gave the situation of having 3-4 players all sat on starting wages for one spot

Take your point - we now have too many CBs (injuries permitting), probably one too many strikers.

I thought Lindstrum was more a winger - like you say, I'm not sure how much Dele comes into any planning.

If we say we t in for Abraham we'd have to be pretty much sure we can offload Maupay and one or both of DCL and Beto. Otherwise yeah we gave the situation of having 3-4 players all sat on starting wages for one spot
Yeah, exactly this, that's my point i've been trying to push across. Obviously things can happen behind the scenes and in conjuncture with another deal, but your example is a perfect example of you need to be sure some people WILL leave, and not just hope someone comes in for them.

Thats the one that is so frustrating. But at the same time we could have gone for him this summer with the Onana money.

Thats the Xfactor midfield signing I was hoping for. Not seeing anyone similar in profile linked now.

Was he good for England in those games October/November time?

Really?

Lindstrom, O'Brien, Ndiaye, Iroegbunam in so far.

I like Thelwell but are any of those signings truly 'exciting', provide an XFactor to class this as a "brilliant window" at this stage?

Yes, typically they match the profile of players and ages that I'd prefer but I think its very early to tell.

For me, hes got to move out Keane, Holgate, Maupay, Beto, DCL and bring in someone as a statement signing. That doesnt necessarily mean big money -- but a player we can see is a level above at CF at the very least.

We should be looking at some Scandinavian teams who bring in African players and target them for our u21s or for loans before they get their next move
is there a filter on the scouting search for 'African players'?

Anyone thinking we need to start concentrating on skimming the squad down before we bring any more quality in?

4 Centre forwards........ No genuine links for moves for DCL, Beto, Maupay & no loan link for Chermiti
Lindstrum, N'Diaye, Lindstrum & possibly Deli all candidates for the umber 10 roles
With the addition of O'Brien, Kean & Holgate still hanging around
3 right backs, yet we would all probably like an upgrade we cant budget for 3 back ups

All in a squad were the past has shown us Dyche likes to use the same players and keep his starting line up as regular as possible. He also doesn't tend to make substitutions until something in the game changes. Will it leave us with an over inflated, bloated squad?
There are certainly players we would like to see move on... Holgate, Keane and Maupay for sure. However is we can only move them on if there are clubs who want to take them.
Apart from those three I don't think we can let anybody leave without replacing them.

Im saying that per Jacek Kulig Diarra can be similar to Gana. Also Iroegbunam looks similar to Onana.

So having Diarra & Iroegnunam could mean weve replaced Onana + Gana we expect to go in a year.

Then we'd have Diarra, Iroegbunam and Garner in 12months time. We'd only need to sell Doucoure this summer and replace him and were then seeing a long term midfield group.
We could replace Doucs with an 18 yr old and get Doucoure to look after the crèche that would be our midfield

Always a bit wary of signing players after ACL injuries but it might not matter as much as he’s a striker and Abraham knows where the net is. I wonder how much Roma would want..

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back