Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anyone thinking we need to start concentrating on skimming the squad down before we bring any more quality in?

4 Centre forwards........ No genuine links for moves for DCL, Beto, Maupay & no loan link for Chermiti
Lindstrum, N'Diaye, Lindstrum & possibly Deli all candidates for the umber 10 roles
With the addition of O'Brien, Kean & Holgate still hanging around
3 right backs, yet we would all probably like an upgrade we cant budget for 3 back ups

All in a squad were the past has shown us Dyche likes to use the same players and keep his starting line up as regular as possible. He also doesn't tend to make substitutions until something in the game changes. Will it leave us with an over inflated, bloated squad?
Keane, Maupay may be tempting for somebody by the end of the window - obviously we won't get much and may be loans.

Beto keep until Jan when somebody is desperate to cover injuries ? Wouldn't like to see him sold at a huge loss.

Holgate...may be a case of take whatever we can get in wages from a lower league.

I keep asking who is going to take Holgate and Morepies, but I never get any answer. If it was that easy they’d already be gone.

Anyway, even if we could find someone to take them, we’d still end up paying most of their wages. No Championship side is going to cover anywhere near what we are paying them.

Holgate will be someone in the Championship or one of the promoted teams and Maupay will be back at Brentford again, they possibly wont pay the full wages, but at least we get some of it off the bill and they are both in their final year of their contracts so there is a good chance they will not return

Keane, Maupay may be tempting for somebody by the end of the window - obviously we won't get much and may be loans.

Beto keep until Jan when somebody is desperate to cover injuries ? Wouldn't like to see him sold at a huge loss.

Holgate...may be a case of take whatever we can get in wages from a lower league.
My case in point being, you cant just plan and bring players in on the basis of 'someone will take them at the end of the window'

What if no one wants to pay Keanes wages? What if everyone thinks Maupay is a massive Douch and don't want him anywhere near there team.

Anyone thinking we need to start concentrating on skimming the squad down before we bring any more quality in?

4 Centre forwards........ No genuine links for moves for DCL, Beto, Maupay & no loan link for Chermiti
Lindstrum, N'Diaye, Lindstrum & possibly Deli all candidates for the umber 10 roles
With the addition of O'Brien, Kean & Holgate still hanging around
3 right backs, yet we would all probably like an upgrade we cant budget for 3 back ups

All in a squad were the past has shown us Dyche likes to use the same players and keep his starting line up as regular as possible. He also doesn't tend to make substitutions until something in the game changes. Will it leave us with an over inflated, bloated squad?
Lindstrom will hardly be able to play the no. 10 role twice.
Dele is still a long shot so the leave Lindstrom x1 or Ndiaye.

Thelwell likes to go back for previous targets as well.

Would love to see Abraham here, significant improvement on DCL

Nothing wrong with having long terms targets - we know that we've had interest in O'Brien, Lindstrom, Gnonto, N'Diaye and Abraham for at least a year (probably longer in some cases). It's actually a good sign IMO that we've identified players who we think will improve and suit us, rather than just coming up with a new list of targets every summer based on who's had a good season or not.

I'm obviously going to disappear off the forum when someone vaults this next summer after Abraham and co have stunk the gaff out though 👍

As long as there are no injury concerns, I'd be comfortable with Abraham in / DCL out.

The DCL situation will have to be managed.

I don't think there are takers for him at what we are asking. I think he'll go for a lower fee, maybe £20m, on deadline day.

We can't have a situation where we let him go and not have a replacement in though and there is a high risk of that happening on TDD. Deals collapse quickly and you can be left short. As much as his goal return is fairly paltry, I'd rather let him run his contract out rather than lose him with no replacement.

My case in point being, you cant just plan and bring players in on the basis of 'someone will take them at the end of the window'

What if no one wants to pay Keanes wages? What if everyone thinks Maupay is a massive Douch and don't want him anywhere near there team.
For sure it's a gamble, and why Thelwell is paid the big bucks.

If you wait...maybe you lose a key target...

Maybe you loan Maupay, Keane at a bargain price just to get some sort of income......maybe you waiit until somebody is more desperate and pays more.

Perhaps you a right and we are now in a sell to buy situation and we do a Kenwright special on transfer deadline day.

Nothing wrong with having long terms targets - we know that we've had interest in O'Brien, Lindstrom, Gnonto, N'Diaye and Abraham for at least a year (probably longer in some cases). It's actually a good sign IMO that we've identified players who we think will improve and suit us, rather than just coming up with a new list of targets every summer based on who's had a good season or not.

I'm obviously going to disappear off the forum when someone vaults this next summer after Abraham and co have stunk the gaff out though 👍

Nah I think the new lads will all do well this season mate.

Said to my brother at the start of the summer the one striker I hoped for who could be obtainable was Abraham, injury aside (which frankly is why we have a chance for him) he's the top end of strikers we could attract.

He can play the way Dyche wants but he's got far more technical quality than DCL and overall us just a big improvement imo .

As long as there are no injury concerns, I'd be comfortable with Abraham in / DCL out.

The DCL situation will have to be managed.

I don't think there are takers for him at what we are asking. I think he'll go for a lower fee, maybe £20m, on deadline day.

We can't have a situation where we let him go and not have a replacement in though and there is a high risk of that happening on TDD. Deals collapse quickly and you can be left short. As much as his goal return is fairly paltry, I'd rather let him run his contract out rather than lose him with no replacement.

Think if we went in for Abraham you'd see offers coming in quickly for both DCL and Beto, there's definitely interest in both and Abraham being signed would be a clear indication we'd sell both I feel.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back