Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I think Doucoure will drop deeper this season. I think he was playing further forward last season because of lack of choice.
I don't think at any stage in his career he could be described as creative.
I think that then adds to the problem i've already mentioned.
4 Centre mids of Doucoure, Garner, Gana & Iroegbunam leaves very little game time for a 5th

In general I think transfer fees have pulled back somewhat this season. I see Conor Gallagher now being linked with a move away from Chelsea to Atletico with a fee of around 35m mentioned. This makes the fee for Onana look even better.

If we are looking at Tammy Abraham( still very much IF) then I wonder if either DCL or Beto are nearing a move ?

I think that then adds to the problem i've already mentioned.
4 Centre mids of Doucoure, Garner, Gana & Iroegbunam leaves very little game time for a 5th

Give Doucoure some camel riding lessons then send the pictures to all Saudi clubs, I'm also not factoring in Tim as know idea how ready he is yet, tempering expectation over him this season.

But yeah cm I think is a place you can carry 5 - if ones more a project especially, but ideally you'd like to move on Doucoure if one starting level one arrives

In general I think transfer fees have pulled back somewhat this season. I see Conor Gallagher now being linked with a move away from Chelsea to Atletico with a fee of around 35m mentioned. This makes the fee for Onana look even better.

If we are looking at Tammy Abraham( still very much IF) then I wonder if either DCL or Beto are nearing a move ?
Swap with Roma for DCL?

Im saying that per Jacek Kulig Diarra can be similar to Gana. Also Iroegbunam looks similar to Onana.

So having Diarra & Iroegnunam could mean weve replaced Onana + Gana we expect to go in a year.

Then we'd have Diarra, Iroegbunam and Garner in 12months time. We'd only need to sell Doucoure this summer and replace him and were then seeing a long term midfield group.
What would you describe as a long term midfield group?

Your basing that on Iroegbunam being any good, Garner becoming more consistent and us actually buying some guy who has never set foot on a pitch in England?

What's the long term plan with that? Sell them if they are any good and let someone else take advantage of us having a weaker midfield for 12 months?

Very little chatter about any outs ATM, but I'd be shocked if we didn't have a few progressing.

Your basing that on Iroegbunam being any good, Garner becoming more consistent and us actually buying some guy who has never set foot on a pitch in England?

What's the long term plan with that? Sell them if they are any good and let someone else take advantage of us having a weaker midfield for 12 months?

Only long term cm we have is Garner that we can reliably say

We don't need anything more than engine type players in midfield though unless Dyche is actually going to start moving the ball around more. I have no issue with this (Klopp's teams had similar players in the middle) I just don't think we need to spend large money on midfielders.

We don't need anything more than engine type players in midfield though unless Dyche is actually going to start moving the ball around more. I have no issue with this (Klopp's teams had similar players in the middle) I just don't think we need to spend large money on midfielders.

It's why I'd like to see us bring in someone like Bove from Roma, he (like Garner) is that type of engine room player but also similarly has ability on the ball as well.

We need to replace over time players who treat the ball like a hot potato.

I think instead of going for a player similar to onana aa a replacement we should try to acquire a defensive midfielder that is more suitable to a anchor role and can potentially serve as a deep lying playmaker instead of a ball chasing midfielder

Probably been mentioned before but 7m for Bereton Diaz to saints looks a bargain. Scored a few for sheff utd back end last season I think he’s a far better back up for DCL than the rest if not an actual starter.

The thing is we may have offers on the table for the players we want to move on and we are just bringing players in before we let them go.

Lindstrom is going to play on the RW. I know some seemed to think hes an AM, but his heatmap at Frankfurt showed he was predominantly RW

Holgate and Maupay will almost certainly go on loan
We should have 3 Strikers in the squad to cover us for injuries and the number of fixtures
I think we need 4 CB's anyway to cover injuries and suspensions so having Branthwaite, Tarkowski, O'Brien and Keane is about right.

Read a few articles on him and he does prefer being played in the middle with a freedom to roam.

There's a big difference between being played as a right winger who has a full back opposing and being an AM who drifts wide with space to run in to when the full back is occupied or there is space.

Hopefully we don't make the same mistake as Napoli.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back