Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

ye they won’t want to sell both

anyway summerville has no link to us what’ so ever
I think we will see something with gnonto now will walk away or agree it just think will happen this week. Think summerville deal will be similar to us and between us and west ham whoever gets over the line first will stip the other deal

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
João Virgínia (HG)
Billy Crellin (HG)

Right Backs (3)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson
Ashley Young (HG)

Left Backs (1)
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs (5)
Jarrad Branthwaite (HG)
James Tarkowski (HG)
Jake O'Brien
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)

Midfield (6)
Idrissa Gueye
James Garner (HG)
Tim Iroegbunam (UA)
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Iliman Ndiaye (HG)
Jesper Lindstrøm

Wide Forwards (2)
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Jack Harrison (HG)

Strikers (4)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Youssef Chermiti (UA)
Beto
Neal Maupay

If this was FM, I would be :

If we dont trust Patto and when I say we, I mean SD, if hes not to be trusted then he needs to leave, thus we then need a new RB, as you can see, we currently have 3.
We need a back up LB, yes we have Young, but come on??
1 of Holgate or Keane needs to leave, keep the other as 4th choice, not ideal, but money
We need a CM who understands that a football needs to be passed
We need a Winger, Indy and Lindy can cover the 4th spot, again, not ideal, but money
Then we need to sell 3 of those Strikers and buy a new 1

So if you ask me what we need, I would say we need to sell a few players and then replace them.

That squad list absolutely depresses me.

CB and GK only positions I’m happy with. Strikers and midfield we have depth but lacking quality.

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
João Virgínia (HG)
Billy Crellin (HG)

Right Backs (3)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson
Ashley Young (HG)

Left Backs (1)
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs (5)
Jarrad Branthwaite (HG)
James Tarkowski (HG)
Jake O'Brien
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)

Midfield (6)
Idrissa Gueye
James Garner (HG)
Tim Iroegbunam (UA)
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Iliman Ndiaye (HG)
Jesper Lindstrøm

Wide Forwards (2)
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Jack Harrison (HG)

Strikers (4)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Youssef Chermiti (UA)
Beto
Neal Maupay

If this was FM, I would be :

If we dont trust Patto and when I say we, I mean SD, if hes not to be trusted then he needs to leave, thus we then need a new RB, as you can see, we currently have 3.
We need a back up LB, yes we have Young, but come on??
1 of Holgate or Keane needs to leave, keep the other as 4th choice, not ideal, but money
We need a CM who understands that a football needs to be passed
We need a Winger, Indy and Lindy can cover the 4th spot, again, not ideal, but money
Then we need to sell 3 of those Strikers and buy a new 1

So if you ask me what we need, I would say we need to sell a few players and then replace them.
I agree with all that just seems unlikely it happens this summer especially as we've already signed 5.

The contract extensions of Coleman and young still stand out as odd choices. Hope the wages were low.

Only 1 party is greedy.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin: Newcastle end transfer talks for Everton striker​

Dominic Calvert-Lewin has a year left on his Everton contract and was a player Newcastle boss Eddie Howe had been monitoring for several years; a £40m deal has proved too costly

I love him, but 40m is a bit much.
Only because the wanted £40m for Minteh who's never really even played in the league.

Only 1 party is greedy.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin: Newcastle end transfer talks for Everton striker​

Dominic Calvert-Lewin has a year left on his Everton contract and was a player Newcastle boss Eddie Howe had been monitoring for several years; a £40m deal has proved too costly

I love him, but 40m is a bit much.

….we really don’t know if he priced himself out of Newcastle because he didn’t want to go there unless they paid silly money.

So many moving parts in this situation there’s only the player who truly knows.

Yeah I don't know how good he'd be at this level these days, he was defo a good top-half standard player in his prime. He's got great set-piece ability too so that's a reason Dyche would be interested.
Honestly think he would be a better option than Keane, Holgate or Young and he's on a free.

I'm sure he has better offers than us, but I'd be signing him up!

….we really don’t know if he priced himself out of Newcastle because he didn’t want to go there unless they paid silly money.

So many moving parts in this situation there’s only the player who truly knows.
Agree, we dont really know, but the narrative is being pushed by loads that his wage demands are preventing the move and as of yet, I havent personally seen anything that backs that up, its just widely accepted cos it fits agendas.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back