Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yeh but I don't consider this a winger myself. A winger is someone who stays wide, not drifts in and out, we are desperate for width in this team but all our wide players want to play centrally.
If he starts drifting inside we are in big trouble. It's not like this is Pienaar in Moyes' team. Dyche doesn't let the fullback attack. We need someone to overlap if our wingers drift inside.

It's why Dyche will be a problem - regardless of how well people think he has done, or if he deserves to stay - no teams really play his system and we need to recruit to suit a system that will then prove problematic when we hire our next manager (whenever that is) because so few play that way.

Even looking at what we have, Beto is raw, but would work better if played in to run onto balls and take on the opposition. He's not a back to goal striker. Dyche wants one of those and there are so few of them and they are often limited.

Must make recruitment tough tbh.

If he starts drifting inside we are in big trouble. It's not like this is Pienaar in Moyes' team. Dyche doesn't let the fullback attack. We need someone to overlap if our wingers drift inside.

It's why Dyche will be a problem - regardless of how well people think he has done, or if he deserves to stay - no teams really play his system and we need to recruit to suit a system that will then prove problematic when we hire our next manager (whenever that is) because so few play that way.

Even looking at what we have, Beto is raw, but would work better if played in to run onto balls and take on the opposition. He's not a back to goal striker. Dyche wants one of those and there are so few of them and they are often limited.

Must make recruitment tough tbh.

Yeh it is difficult but thankfully all our signings so far can play a few positions so if they're here beyond Dyche we could see a more suitable system.

Agree, we dont really know, but the narrative is being pushed by loads that his wage demands are preventing the move and as of yet, I havent personally seen anything that backs that up, its just widely accepted cos it fits agendas.
Well it stems from the bobble and co who said he couldn't agree terms with Newcastle and one reason given was the contract offer, also he hasn't signed a big contract offer so he clearly wants an even bigger one. No narrative good luck to him but if you step back who is offering him those wages?

Well it stems from the bobble and co who said he couldn't agree terms with Newcastle and one reason given was the contract offer, also he hasn't signed a big contract offer so he clearly wants an even bigger one. No narrative good luck to him but if you step back who is offering him those wages?
Did you personally see or hear Bobble say/write this?

If so, ok, I just keep hearing people repeat this and I personally havent seen or heard it.

And what wages?

Yeh it is difficult but thankfully all our signings so far can play a few positions so if they're here beyond Dyche we could see a more suitable system.
That's what I'm hoping for mate. But there are some positions (particularly striker) where it will be hard to recruit. I suspect we'll end up buying someone who will be a total dud for the next manager.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back