Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I dont see any pattern or logic to our transfer dealings. We seem obsessed with ‘right wingers’ ( yes i know Lindstrom is a centre mid). We should be all in on a quality striker. Dcl and Everton is all over…

Worrying what Dyche is saying as we are relying on DCL dropping his wage demands to sell him and or someone taking a punt on Keane/Maupay. That's if we aren't selling anyone we actually want to keep. We still need three/four players minimum, left back cover, midfielder, winger and a striker if Dom goes.

Have to wait for him to be sold to actually bring one in though
I don't know who is going to come in for him though, Newcastle were the one team who sort of play in a fairly direct manner and could have done something with him. Everyone else tends to knock the ball about a bit more and don't look to ping crosses/balls into the forward at chest head height for hold up purposes.

I don't know who is going to come in for him though, Newcastle were the one team who sort of play in a fairly direct manner and could have done something with him. Everyone else tends to knock the ball about a bit more and don't look to ping crosses/balls into the forward at chest head height for hold up purposes.
Agree mate and he's asking for big wages we could be stuck. Unless someone comes in late in the window problem still exists though we would need a replacement and you are usually getting the left over dregs by then

I think about 3 weeks ago I was genuinely excited for the final season at Goodison but now I just don't even want the season to start, I'm not mentally ready for this crap.
Surely you know Everton are going to put you through the ringer every season, isn’t that enough mental prep for you?

Even when we won the cup in 95 the carp we had to put up with leading to that massive climax was mental!?

Why call people bedwetters? It’s condescending imo .
What would you call people who absolutely panic after a defeat in a meaningless pre season friendly ?
People who panic that we will be relegated weeks before a ball is kicked in anger, even though the squad is clearly stronger already and last season with a paper thin squad , with a points deduction, we were still well clear of relegation at the end.

Realistically, we should be somewhere around mid table this season.
Also I am hoping for a left back to come in still, a central midfielder and a striker if DCL leaves.
Another winger as well on the right but I am hoping that Mills and Dixon will get a part to play there instead.

I dont see any pattern or logic to our transfer dealings. We seem obsessed with ‘right wingers’ ( yes i know Lindstrom is a centre mid). We should be all in on a quality striker. Dcl and Everton is all over…
Even with the Sky/TNT money dropping into the coffers, the plan will be stuck to, no quick fix, just long term thinking.

Expect most of it to be punted into the Gnonto transfer as the up front part of his fee, a Broja loan with option to buy next year and Dele in a year early to replace Doucs when his contract expires next summer.

If not we'll go with what we have got.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back