Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Why worry about it
We will be dreadful as we have been for 15 years
We pissed hundreds of million up against the wall on bad signings , didn’t back the best manager we have had in decades, and went from one drunken disaster to another.
Accept the fact that we will finish somewhere between 10th and 15th playing bad football and it’ll be much easier all around
We can all wish for more and I certainly do
I long for the days when we had players like the Vision , Ball ,Royle Etc but those days are gone and I can’t see them coming back any time soon
Does it affect the way I feel about Everton , no
Will it stop me travelling over 10/12 times a year to Goodson no
Will it stop me going to the Palace away game no
But I know our place in the scheme of things , I’m not happy about it but I accept it for now because I can’t change it

Why call people bedwetters? It’s condescending imo .

I think that’ll just about be our lot unless Dom goes or we somehow move our unmovable dross. Nice to have done business early for a change.

The narrative of not being able to get everything we need will suit Dyche too. I feel like he if had a Summer where everything was addressed, he’d accidentally find himself under heaps of pressure.

You could be right mate, different pressure to keep a team up or safe nid table and to push a team on upwards from that point.

Moyes never could from that just outside the top group. As much due to his own defeatist mentality v them as anything else.

Yup, now factor how many points dropped each season that finishing cost us.

Say again we created for our style of play a good number of chances that should have been buried, can't blame a manager or system for the players simply not finishing them.

There is an issue with our strikers we all have to acknowledge, we rely on the spread of the goals around the team. Efficeny for chances created and in the box is poor and we cant rely on our centre forwards really.

I dont think we acknowledge it enough or identify it at a problem - Doucoure gets pillared by some on here rightly and wrongly, but he's as efficient in goal scoring as our best striker in the league, yet the strikers often get a bit of a free ride for criticism for some reason.

There were 43 players who scored more in the PL last season then our best scoring striker - that's really poor.

I would happily sell every one of our current strikers for whatever we can get, and just start again. I really dont think we would be worse off.

I know that's not going to happen. But losing players in that area wouldn't concern me at all.
We could sell 90% of the squad and I wouldnt care.

Pickford, Tarks, Branners.

Everybody else can leave.

Not talking about the new boys of course.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back