Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I don’t remember but I’m sure Purple Aki did 😉
1722505317498.webp

Just for you and Mr Aki

Yup and that's why the shouts about we don't s ore enough it's all about Dyche - look at his dudes etc they never score is annoying.

We created enough chances last year that the average rate should have been over 60 goals. Just remember the points we dropped when we weathered teams on clear chances and couldn't score them. That's nothing to do with the manager it's to do with the players he has simply not being good enough - especially so the strikers who were dire.

One of many myths mate, when you look under the hood, one of the most frustrating things about watching us last season was butchering chances that should be buried. There were games that should have been won by 4 or 5 goals we ended up drawing or loosing.

To be fair I’d cut DCL a bit of slack (and I’d be in the replacing him this summer camp) in that I think it took him about 8 months to find rhythm after not playing in so long - that said he’s never been and never be prolific - what does he need 3-5 chances before he scores.

Last edited:
People taking the no signings comments a bit too heavily here.

Given that Onana wasn't a starter by the end of last season, I think it's fair to say that the squad is stronger than it was last season.

We needed an extra winger who Dyche would actually use, we've got one. We needed an actual #10/second striker, we got one. We needed genuine cover and competition for our CBs, we got one.

Now don't get me wrong there are many areas for improvement, particularly right back, but we don't have the finances to get everything we need.

Basically, I'm happy that it looks like we don't need to sell anyone. As he's not signing a new deal, for me we should sell DCL this summer. He'll be the next one if anyone goes, and I imagine we'll do a bit of business once we bank that money.

I'm not really a Dyche fan either but it's not just him. There's a clear lack of quality in the squad in front of goal and in the final third. I dont think changing manager solves that problem - it's a recruitment issue.
It is though, its the way his attacking football isn't really controlled, that causes chaos in terms of when the forwards receive the ball, they are less in control/relaxed than what they would be in a more forward thinking side.

On the plus side, we keep plenty of clean sheets

I dont see how anyone can watch us play and not believe there is a lack of quality in attacking areas.

It's not just Dyche or just the players for me. It's both.

Better coaching will help the situation but it won't stop us constantly picking the wrong final pass, or missing the target from 10 yards out.

^^^
Nail on head here. We make enough goal chances. We just pass 90% of them to their goalie or inexplicably miss the target

Love people being called bedwetters for worrying that we might be an absolutely dreadful football team for about the 15th consecutive season.
Why worry about it
We will be dreadful as we have been for 15 years
We pissed hundreds of million up against the wall on bad signings , didn’t back the best manager we have had in decades, and went from one drunken disaster to another.
Accept the fact that we will finish somewhere between 10th and 15th playing bad football and it’ll be much easier all around
We can all wish for more and I certainly do
I long for the days when we had players like the Vision , Ball ,Royle Etc but those days are gone and I can’t see them coming back any time soon
Does it affect the way I feel about Everton , no
Will it stop me travelling over 10/12 times a year to Goodson no
Will it stop me going to the Palace away game no
But I know our place in the scheme of things , I’m not happy about it but I accept it for now because I can’t change it

One of many myths mate, when you look under the hood, one of the most frustrating things about watching us last season was butchering chances that should be buried. There were games that should have been won by 4 or 5 goals we ended up drawing or loosing.

To be fair I’d cut DCL a bit of slack in that I think it took him about 8 months to find ryrham after not playing in so long - that said he’s never been and never be profiling - what does he need 3-5 chances before he scores.

Yup DCL had one blip year under Carlo and even then he was below what he should have scored - here's his career stats

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240801-124629.webp
    Screenshot_20240801-124629.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 12
It is though, its the way his attacking football isn't really controlled, that causes chaos in terms of when the forwards receive the ball, they are less in control/relaxed than what they would be in a more forward thinking side.

On the plus side, we keep plenty of clean sheets
I Just listened to a pod and a lad on it, actually said we’re great on the counter attack, I mean wtf is he watching

I think that’ll just about be our lot unless Dom goes or we somehow move our unmovable dross. Nice to have done business early for a change.

The narrative of not being able to get everything we need will suit Dyche too. I feel like if he had a Summer where everything was addressed, he’d accidentally find himself under heaps of pressure.

If he didn't play for us and you looked under the hood at those numbers you wouldn't be enthused mate.

Can imagine the posts on here.

Yup, now factor how many points dropped each season that finishing cost us.

Say again we created for our style of play a good number of chances that should have been buried, can't blame a manager or system for the players simply not finishing them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back