Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I personally think there will be one more for actual money and one on loan regardless of out goings.

Surely the minimum would be that we fill all of our loan spots?

So that means you’d hope we would get 3 more in (1 domestic and 2 from abroad).

In Spain, given we were linked to Fermin Torres (CM) from Barcelona, he could be one of the loan players. Alternatively, Carlo may let us have someone like Nico Paz or Dani Ceballos for a year, there is definitely a couple of players who will struggle to get games for them this year with the talent they have.

As for Italy, Weston Mckennie and Milik from Juventus have had tentative links recently. However, the likes of Zeki Celik from Roma or Chukweze would be better suited to what we need in my view and may be available on an initial loan with option to buy.

In France, Colin Dagba from PSG is probably a cheap option to provide defensive cover.

In Germany, Bayern have a few young wingers (Vidovic, Irakunda) who may be up for grabs given they have signed Olise.

That is just from looking at the very top teams.

Personally and it sounds opportunistic but I think we should be hiring a few French Football scouts as consultants to give us some insight into who the emerging talents are from that league and we can use that to exploit the financial instability clubs over there are going through.

We have signed 2 RBs in this window.
Compared to last season we lost one option (Godfrey). The fact that Dyche played 5 different players there last season (incl Garner) tells its own story. We need to actively get rid of Patterson..don't think it will work out for him with Dyche

Could have used that 6m and bought a proper RB.

No, we aint getting a RB for 6m, but currently we have spent 6m on 2 OAPs and kicked the can down the road for 12months.
No offense to Coleman or Young, but I hate these cop out signings. We can just pretend we have filled the cracks while the reality is far different. It’s just lazy as if Thelwell doesn’t want to take a chance. We can just blame Young and Coleman for being too old and “suddenly falling apart” as if that hasn’t been the case for years.

I can still hear Kenwright moaning from the grave “eVeRtOn LeGeNd sEaMuS lAd”

No offense to Coleman or Young, but I hate these cop out signings. We can just pretend we have filled the cracks while the reality is far different. It’s just lazy as if Thelwell doesn’t want to take a chance. We can just blame Young and Coleman for being too old and “suddenly falling apart” as if that hasn’t been the case for years.

I can still hear Kenwright moaning from the grave “eVeRtOn LeGeNd sEaMuS lAd”
ITs very harsh, cos Seamus is Seamus and like it or not Young played a LOT last season.

It just doesnt scream we are about to acquire a RB to me, of course question marks around Patto, so maybe, but it seems unlikely.

ITs very harsh, cos Seamus is Seamus and like it or not Young played a LOT last season.

It just doesnt scream we are about to acquire a RB to me, of course question marks around Patto, so maybe, but it seems unlikely.
It’s neither of their faults. I think they have value as depth. Not so much in the starting lineups as shown statistically. They played out of necessity (and probably Dyche’s stubbornness with Patto if I am being quite honest).

I dont think its a psr issue its simply that we dont have the cash up front to pay the initial fee thats stopping us from signing players.

If moshiri still cared or we had new owners that could put the money up for the down payment on players and get it back further down the road.

This is where DCL crazy wage demands has really screwed us over. That deal would of sorted alot of issues for us this transfer window.

I suspect anything now is dependent on outgoings.

Any of Keane, holgate, Patterson, beto, maupay and Calvert Lewin may leave is we get a sensible offer, plus literally any other of our players if we get an above market value offer.

Our squad certainly looks better than last year's, and the realistic goal of the club is to not be in a relegation battle - as dull as that is. Obviously ambitions can change when we've got a new owner and are in the new stadium, but it's just not realistic to expect more from dyche or thelwell.

If that is actually the end of our incomings then we failed again to prioritise the key problem which is the lack of goals.
A huge issue there will always be the manager and the way he attacks.

Are the players good enough?

Well, Dom is the ideal Dyche CF. Like it or not - it's simply true. Beto has the right profile but is very raw when it comes to PL footy and in Italy was the player who ran in behind the line. Chermiti needs a loan, which is fine as a development plan.

Better attackers in general are/were needed and in Lindstrom and Ndiaye they have brought in creativity but the way Dyche attacks does not lend itself to scoring goals consistently - it's been a problem throughout his career.

You also need ways of retaining the ball upfield to get players into better attacking positions with consistency and regularity, meaning that even poor finishers up their percentages of scoring.

Everton won't be signing a striker unless they sell one. And there are, at the moment, not many takers for any of the players.

That will change. I do believe Dom will go (and IMO he'll be missed because despite what people seem to think, reliable 15-goal a season strikers don't grow on trees) - and those players also need regular types of chances to be created for them.

That's not to say Dom can't be improved on, of course he can, but there's also the profile and fit to the tactics that needs to be thought about too.

I dont think its a psr issue its simply that we dont have the cash up front to pay the initial fee thats stopping us from signing players.

If moshiri still cared or we had new owners that could put the money up for the down payment on players and get it back further down the road.

This is where DCL crazy wage demands has really screwed us over. That deal would of sorted alot of issues for us this transfer window.
It wasn't just DCL's wage demands and that doesn't continue to be the only issue.

Everton want £35m for him as it stands. That's a problem as well.

I suspect anything now is dependent on outgoings.

Any of Keane, holgate, Patterson, beto, maupay and Calvert Lewin may leave is we get a sensible offer, plus literally any other of our players if we get an above market value offer.

Our squad certainly looks better than last year's, and the realistic goal of the club is to not be in a relegation battle - as dull as that is. Obviously ambitions can change when we've got a new owner and are in the new stadium, but it's just not realistic to expect more from dyche or thelwell.
You could easily demand more from Dyche and Thelwell if they had free range of motion.

Compared to last season we lost one option (Godfrey). The fact that Dyche played 5 different players there last season (incl Garner) tells its own story. We need to actively get rid of Patterson..don't think it will work out for him with Dyche
One of the really smart decisions by Dyche to blow off Patterson. PL is a step too far for him. Championship player at best

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back