Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

This is an awful squad. And when I pay good money to go this season it’s more to see Goodison a few more times than to see any of these players or the dinosaur manager.
We may have a better squad and options from last season, but the first 11 hasn’t improved. Ndaiye and lindstrom coming off the back of poor seasons in weaker leagues. Tim is 20, and O’Brien has come from a weaker league

We have loan spots still open so completely ignore anything suggesting we have finished, we also are clearly happy to spend 25m with a low up front payment, so we have capacity - we are also clearly looking at moving several players on also.

It's a PR game, makes a team more considerate of a loan than trying to get us to buy, drives down maybe the up front fees, also signals that we
This is how I see it

You’ve done a good job convincing yourself that Iroegunbum is a better option than Onana, but nobody else believes that.

Onana was our best CM. Didn’t always see it, but that’s a clear and obvious fact. I don’t see teams queuing up to buy Gana, Garner or Doucoure.
I think at this point I have to graciously assume you don't like reading short sentences. Where did I say Tim is better than Onana?

Also, if Onana was OUR best CM, why is it we were terrible with him in the lineup and very good without him in the lineup?

On paper, the O’Brien signing is good. Ndiaye was necessary and Lestrom is a welcome loan. But we went for a backup CB while we still have gaping holes at both fullback positions? Who knows how Myko will come back from injury.

Surely our lack of interest in fullbacks means that Patterson is being considered for RB and Myko is fully recovering soon? Maybe we are eventually going with a back 3 or something? A back 3 is the only real explanation for O’Brien. 20 mil is a lot of money to invest in a player when other positions don’t even have an actual starter.
Branthwaite is off next summer mate so best to get his replacement bedded in first and we put down 5m up front for O'Brien in makes sense. I agree we need more though

We tried for Gnonto all last summer and never moved on to anyone else?
It’s very strange, I think we will need to sell or we are trying to get players with very low upfront payments?
I’m hoping they have moved on from him. There are plenty of players out there with what we need. The low upfront payments shouldn’t be an issue it’s common. Think Leeds were just being idiots because it was us.

Still think a top striker would struggle in this team. Time will tell if our additions can forge decent chances, but i think attacking midfielders (wingers) are more necessary.

Dont get me wrong. DCL, Beto, Chermiti and Maupay are as bad a set of strikers as any in this league, but i cant see us shifting enough of them, (and bring in enough money from it), where we could buy a striker capable of firing on all cylinders and have the class to score, with this teams lack of ability in creating chances.
Tend to agree they all feed off scraps in this system totally isolated. I do think pace would make a different and hopefully Ndiaye/Lindstrom add a bit more creativity and threat.

I’m hoping they have moved on from him. There are plenty of players out there with what we need. The low upfront payments shouldn’t be an issue it’s common. Think Leeds were just being idiots because it was us.
It's not just last summer we have lacked a pacey winger for seasons now. Last ones were Walcott and Lennon and both were limited. I hope we have someone lined up because it's galling seeing Summerville and Sarr move while we still badly lack that profile.

It's not just last summer we have lacked a pacey winger for seasons now. Last ones were Walcott and Lennon and both were limited. I hope we have someone lined up because it's galling seeing Summerville and Sarr move while we still badly lack that profile.
Last one we had was 2 years ago in Demari gray all be it limited like the others and we had Gordon also. Sarr move is a sore one though, as he definitely adds pace and power to this team.

Still have a feeling we'll need to sell more first
This place will go in meltdown by the first sighting of Bobble, Fabrizio tweet of Keane, Holgate, Maupay or DCL set to leave lol.
Need to sell is probably because we have 24 players already so we need to trim the wage bill and get some money in.
For sure we are not done as per other posters there will be loan options for example.
Just hope we don't miss out on key targets

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back