Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Still have a feeling we'll need to sell more first
We will sign more players. We have been trying to gnoto for 4 weeks so we have money to spend. I don’t expect dyche to come out and say yeah we will sign players, he just being sensible with his words.
We tried for Gnonto all last summer and never moved on to anyone else?
It’s very strange, I think we will need to sell or we are trying to get players with very low upfront payments?

You mean we replaced our backup CM with a young player. I like Onanas talents, but I dont think you remember how much better we were when he wasnt in the squad. Im talking about actual points where we got 0.85ppg when he played and 1.7ppg when he played 0-45 minutes. Onana isnt a loss for us.

And yes, obviously it depends on us bringing in capable players, is that really worth saying? I would have just said "we have a better squad now" not "1 CM and 1 Winger and that squad is better than last years" if that was the case.

You’ve done a good job convincing yourself that Iroegunbum is a better option than Onana, but nobody else believes that.

Onana was our best CM. Didn’t always see it, but that’s a clear and obvious fact. I don’t see teams queuing up to buy Gana, Garner or Doucoure.

It must be games from the club to put it out there that we are done with our business already.

While I am not expecting us to solve all our own problems this window, I do think we need at least 2 possibly 3 more (1 CM, 1 winger and possibly a defender who can play multiple positions) to have depth to cope with a full season.

If we sell either DCL or Beto then we need to add a striker to that too.

What is going on with him? Is he even training? I think the whole thing is bizarre personally, what exactly was it that Dyche apparently wanted to look at in pre season?

It's one of:

1. The club / Dyche are trying to help a pro out
2. Dyche wants some sleeping pills

It is a bit concerning though like..

We've made some decent signings on paper.. but can't help but feel like, once again, we haven't fully addressed the main issues we have with the side..
On paper, the O’Brien signing is good. Ndiaye was necessary and Lestrom is a welcome loan. But we went for a backup CB while we still have gaping holes at both fullback positions? Who knows how Myko will come back from injury.

Surely our lack of interest in fullbacks means that Patterson is being considered for RB and Myko is fully recovering soon? Maybe we are eventually going with a back 3 or something? A back 3 is the only real explanation for O’Brien. 20 mil is a lot of money to invest in a player when other positions don’t even have an actual starter.

On paper, the O’Brien signing is good. Ndiaye was necessary and Lestrom is a welcome loan. But we went for a backup CB while we still have gaping holes at both fullback positions? Who knows how Myko will come back from injury.

Surely our lack of interest in fullbacks means that Patterson is being considered for RB and Myko is fully recovering soon? Maybe we are eventually going with a back 3 or something? A back 3 is the only real explanation for O’Brien. 20 mil is a lot of money to invest in a player when other positions don’t even have an actual starter.
Honestly hope to see him start that dixon vs preston would rather the club have a look at him maybe be used in a back 5 cover him defensively

Honestly hope to see him start that dixon vs preston would rather the club have a look at him maybe be used in a back 5 cover him defensively
Even if O’Brien is raw he can be used as more of a stopper in front of Jarrad and Tarks instead of a true back liner. We will still have plenty of security and can even use McNeil and Harrison as the wingbacks to help our wing woes. I think it will be disastrous if we go in without addressing fullback.

I love the O’Brien signing- and if it’s a back 3 it totally makes sense. I just hope we didn’t leave ourselves short. Hopefully he gets preseason time and we can get a look at him.

Also think the club will get more in just happens in the window have slow moments in the window then starts move again. Really hope like maupay could be looked at by leicester brentford ect get some money in.

Even if O’Brien is raw he can be used as more of a stopper in front of Jarrad and Tarks instead of a true back liner. We will still have plenty of security and can even use McNeil and Harrison as the wingbacks to help our wing woes. I think it will be disastrous if we go in without addressing fullback.

I love the O’Brien signing- and if it’s a back 3 it totally makes sense. I just hope we didn’t leave ourselves short. Hopefully he gets preseason time and we can get a look at him.
Definately think this left side honestly rb is a mess decisions need to be made, is why i would be happy see what dixon is like alot more ppl who follow youth team will have better view than me. Must be a cheap option for lb even try get a young lb somewhere to take chance on

We have loan spots still open so completely ignore anything suggesting we have finished, we also are clearly happy to spend 25m with a low up front payment, so we have capacity - we are also clearly looking at moving several players on also.

It's a PR game, makes a team more considerate of a loan than trying to get us to buy, drives down maybe the up front fees, also signals that we

We have loan spots still open so completely ignore anything suggesting we have finished, we also are clearly happy to spend 25m with a low up front payment, so we have capacity - we are also clearly looking at moving several players on also.

It's a PR game, makes a team more considerate of a loan than trying to get us to buy, drives down maybe the up front fees, also signals that we
Let’s hope your right. Sooner rather than later

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back