Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Still think a top striker would struggle in this team. Time will tell if our additions can forge decent chances, but i think attacking midfielders (wingers) are more necessary.

Dont get me wrong. DCL, Beto, Chermiti and Maupay are as bad a set of strikers as any in this league, but i cant see us shifting enough of them, (and bring in enough money from it), where we could buy a striker capable of firing on all cylinders and have the class to score, with this teams lack of ability in creating chances.
You can’t have it both ways, we either create chances and the strikers are poop, or we don’t create chances and the strikers don’t get the opportunity.

I’m not having that we don’t create chances AND therefore the strikers are rubbish.

All this talk of hoofball, when we literally missed countless chances last season just does not add up, nor the goal we scored with 29 touches.

It is far from perfect, but a decent finisher would do well, we create a host of chances.

Still think a top striker would struggle in this team. Time will tell if our additions can forge decent chances, but i think attacking midfielders (wingers) are more necessary.

Dont get me wrong. DCL, Beto, Chermiti and Maupay are as bad a set of strikers as any in this league, but i cant see us shifting enough of them, (and bring in enough money from it), where we could buy a striker capable of firing on all cylinders and have the class to score, with this teams lack of ability in creating chances.
Hard to tell. Swings and roundabouts. If we had a top striker, we’d play to their strengths. I’d say we did play to Dom’s strengths (not scoring) and arguably it worked given our eventual points total.

We aren’t carving sides open like City, but people quickly forget we were sick of winning the XG battle every single week before Christmas but still losing or drawing. It was the running joke. We created plenty of good chances through ugly brute force football, almost sitters, but missed a couple a game. It wasn’t just our strikers it was everyone. Kone levels of finishing would have won us a few more games. We had chances. They weren’t gorgeously created chances resulting in a 1v1 with the keeper, but we got in plenty of positions to score. Richy would have had an absolute field day banging in loose balls bouncing round in the box.

We'll have to see what our new additions produce. Certainly the 4 strikers we currently have are not performing.
Do they need quality midfielders to put decent chances on a plate for them, (on numerous occasions during a match) to score from say one in three good chances? Will their confidence start growing to the point where they start tucking one in two good chances away?
Are they currently caught out when we actually do get them a decent chance to score and therefore fluff their lines? I cant decide.
I always look back to the arsenal unbeatables that played such amazing football (quick little give it and go around the edge of the box) from midfield, that they practically walked the ball into the net.
Would Haaland score many in our team?

It is a bit concerning though like..

We've made some decent signings on paper.. but can't help but feel like, once again, we haven't fully addressed the main issues we have with the side..

You can’t have it both ways, we either create chances and the strikers are poop, or we don’t create chances and the strikers don’t get the opportunity.

I’m not having that we don’t create chances AND therefore the strikers are rubbish.

All this talk of hoofball, when we literally missed countless chances last season just does not add up, nor the goal we scored with 29 touches.

It is far from perfect, but a decent finisher would do well, we create a host of chances.
I’m not having that, you would struggle to name 7 games 1/5th of the season were we created loads of chances and deserved to win comfortably.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back