Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Still think a top striker would struggle in this team. Time will tell if our additions can forge decent chances, but i think attacking midfielders (wingers) are more necessary.

Dont get me wrong. DCL, Beto, Chermiti and Maupay are as bad a set of strikers as any in this league, but i cant see us shifting enough of them, (and bring in enough money from it), where we could buy a striker capable of firing on all cylinders and have the class to score, with this teams lack of ability in creating chances.

Depends who the CM is. Right now we’ve replaced Onana with an unproven kid and are reliant on a 35 year old Gana maintaining his level.
You mean we replaced our backup CM with a young player. I like Onanas talents, but I dont think you remember how much better we were when he wasnt in the squad. Im talking about actual points where we got 0.85ppg when he played and 1.7ppg when he played 0-45 minutes. Onana isnt a loss for us.

And yes, obviously it depends on us bringing in capable players, is that really worth saying? I would have just said "we have a better squad now" not "1 CM and 1 Winger and that squad is better than last years" if that was the case.

Last edited:

Yes but we start the season with injuries to Tarkowski and Branthwaite, also the promoted teams simply cannot be bad as those last season.

Branthwaite didn't come into our side until like 4/5 games in last season, but on that note it's a good job we signed O'Brien because you cannot rely on your two starters being fit all season. I agree the bottom 3 won't be as bad but again we didn't stay up because the bottom 3 were bad. We stayed up because we earned 48 points, which would be comfortable mid season in almost every single PL season

Futile but free?

We will have to pay him wages so it’s not free.

We have another 4 weeks before we have to make a decision on whether to offer him a contract as the registration window closes on 1st Sept. We already know that he’s not going to kick a ball before the start of the season, so I have no idea what we’re expecting to see in a 2 week period that will enable us to make such a decision. A period in which we are into competitive games so won’t be able to give him any game time to get fit, as he’s not a registered player for us. It’s all so unbelievably bizarre.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back