Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

So, who do we currently have out injured still?

Patterson
Coleman
Branthwaite
Doucoure
Garner
Chermiti

Leaves us quite light in multiple positions
I’m also worried about Pickford, he disappeared off after England Duty and I’ve heard nothing about him since. I just hope he didn’t get caught up in the Sunderland riot after 9 or 10 pints, you know what he’s like especially if a random Geordie beaut misgenders his pint on a Saturday night out in the town.
He might have seen all those England shirts, had a Nam-style flashback and gone apeshit.

Phillips has upside.

He was an elite DM.

He has a fairly obvious downside too, that was some time ago.

It’s our last homegrown loan spot, it’s a fairly big gamble.

I’m all for gambles but not sure if this will work out or not.

Regardless we have to give him the opportunity, if it’s the way the club goes! I think KT business so far this window has been decent, under circumstances, perhaps Dyche can get him fit and help him rediscover his hunger.
it is not exactly the last homegrown loan spot as there were rumours we could turn Harrison's loan into a permanent transfer.
i guess it is also balancing any money we still have left. so if a midfielder is available that Dyche rates it seems logic. Not sure myself Philips is the one we need. Wil he get much game time for us ? With Gana, Doucs, Garner and Iroeghbunam it seems difficult. In that respect i would prefer a more versatile midfielder like the Senegal lad playing in France.

Phillips has upside.

He was an elite DM.

He has a fairly obvious downside too, that was some time ago.

It’s our last homegrown loan spot, it’s a fairly big gamble.

I’m all for gambles but not sure if this will work out or not.

Regardless we have to give him the opportunity, if it’s the way the club goes! I think KT business so far this window has been decent, under circumstances, perhaps Dyche can get him fit and help him rediscover his hunger.
Elite ? Like a Busquets or Rodri ? Behave lad. He had a good run magnified by England and in a Bielsa side that allowed him to shine. Far from elite. Here on loan fine with that but to enhance a weak squad, wouldn’t be expecting too much.

Article in the red echo this morning has journo’s stating Dyche is now targeting “more experience” in the market. Presumably they spoke with him after the Preston game yesterday. That sounds like Phillips all day long.
Christ 🙈

We don't need experience, we have plenty. And if we do bring in an experienced player, they need to add quality - that ain't Phillips.

In order to safeguard the club moving forward, they need to invest in young talent. The more players we have whose value will likely increase, the better protected the club is financially. Plus, we want to be a club that had a reputation for developing young talent.

If that is Dyche's attitude, he needs keeping away from recruitment. By all means he should get a say on the players presented to him, but he should not be able to push things like signing 'experience'.

Elite ? Like a Busquets or Rodri ? Behave lad. He had a good run magnified by England and in a Bielsa side that allowed him to shine. Far from elite. Here on loan fine with that but to enhance a weak squad, wouldn’t be expecting too much.
I'd say Busquets and Rodri are world class.

The comparisons to Dele Ali are lazy imo. One's been out of shape/down the pecking order at his club and the other has been addicted to medication dealing with mental health issues.

If Philips could stay fit then Dyche is the type of manager to sort him out !
Phillips has kind of a strange career. Never a youth international and "just a Championship player" until he met Bielsa as a 23 year old. Bielsa started playing him more defensively, often as a central defender, and Phillips developed rapidly. Beaming with confidence for a high-flying Leeds team and the development during Bielsa's guidance made him an England player.

Nothing before he was coached by Bielsa made people think he was a future England player. Nothing he has done since playing for Bielsa has made him look like an England player. He was a player that during a spell, playing for a certain manager, looked great. That doesn't make him a great footballer.

Ancelotti coached an Everton team that would dominate Dyche's Everton. With Mason Holgate as arguably the team's best player. DCL and Godfrey were both full internationals while being coached by Ancelotti. Shame Dyche isn't "the type of manager to sort them out".

Not sure what players Dyche have sorted out. Ever. Goalkeepers and defenders often look good playing for him, but can anyone name a midfielder that has looked better playing for Dyche than other clubs? Garner and Onana both looked worse after Dyche came in. It feels like it is a matter of time before any promise Iroegbunam shows will be coached away. Gueye has looked decent, but he will always look better playing for teams that doesn't want to have the ball.

Some might argue that Doucoure has improved playing for Dyche. He has always been a liability with the ball. Rule of thumb should be to not let him have the ball in the defensive half. Meaning benched (by Lampard) or to play him more offensive and not to try to play through the midfield (Dyche).

Playing as a central midfielder in a Dyche team means that you in most matches will be outnumbered 2v3 or 2v4. Even the most talented midfielders would struggle to shine when that is the case. A well coached team could and should play through Everton's midfield blindfolded. We could play Rodri and Rice in the midfield and still be dominated. That is the reality. And it is by design.

It is a hell of a lot easier to look decent as a midfielder for City or West Ham.

I can imagine we get tempted by McKennie. Available on loan, contract expires next year. Can play midfield and right back.

And then use whatever money left for a RW
he has only played 2 games in his whole career at RB. I prefer we get a right back by trade. And Juve wont loan him if his contract ends next year.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back