Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Article in the red echo this morning has journo’s stating Dyche is now targeting “more experience” in the market. Presumably they spoke with him after the Preston game yesterday. That sounds like Phillips all day long.
We have plenty though, also the general feeling looking around things is that most fans seem fairly reluctant towards Phillips, I'm really not sure this would be Thelwell/Dyches best recruitment move tbh.

Think he's got enough experience in that squad... we survived comfortably with the same level of experience last year.

We have plenty though, also the general feeling looking around things is that most fans seem fairly reluctant towards Phillips, I'm really not sure this would be Thelwell/Dyches best recruitment move tbh.

Yeah if you asked me to list 100 issues we have with our squad a lack of experienced players wouldn't be one of them.
Well that’s Dyche for you. We all know what he’s like by now and what he favours.

Phillips has upside.

He was an elite DM.

He has a fairly obvious downside too, that was some time ago.

It’s our last homegrown loan spot, it’s a fairly big gamble.

I’m all for gambles but not sure if this will work out or not.

Regardless we have to give him the opportunity, if it’s the way the club goes! I think KT business so far this window has been decent, under circumstances, perhaps Dyche can get him fit and help him rediscover his hunger.

This punt HAS to work out. Because it is a huge risk. There's a touch of the Deles about this one: a formerly elite player who looks finished rocking up at the Premier League's most charitable club.

Dyche is paid for his judgement. He needs to get this one right.

This punt HAS to work out. Because it is a huge risk. There's a touch of the Deles about this one: a formerly elite player who looks finished rocking up at the Premier League's most charitable club.

Dyche is paid for his judgement. He needs to get this one right.
It has to be one or the other with him and Dele though, we can't accommodate both on those wages.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back