Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Doesn't have to be a central Striker we prioritise. A wide forward who offers goal threat has been needed since we sold Richarlison.

I dont expect the 4 strikers to all be at the club by 1 September either tbf.
I really hope not Tim.

But as the chap above says, we also need a RB.

In an ideal world we get a body in midfield, we add a Winger and a RB, then we also "upgrade" our Striking options.

This isnt an ideal world.

I really hope not Tim.

But as the chap above says, we also need a RB.

In an ideal world we get a body in midfield, we add a Winger and a RB, then we also "upgrade" our Striking options.

This isnt an ideal world.
That's why I have wanted us to prioritise forwards for years.

We don't have the resources to cover all the positions we need in the squad. But I think adding a goal scorer makes the biggest difference and I've been frustrated we haven't done that.

The issue is we have a surplus of crap at positions of need. Left back is the one position we are technically one deep. We did the dumb thing and brought back both Young and Coleman (we could’ve just brought back one tbh), but it tells me that the position is an afterthought and won’t be addressed. Maybe they secretly have plans for Patterson- who the heck knows. It looks grim atm. By god it looks grim

I’ve been following the US tour of Milan, Utd, RS, City and Real Madrid, mainly to watch the Everton linked players, Chukwueze and Philips.

Both have been heavily involved for Milan and City respectively, and both are playing very well. Philips has lost that excess weight he was carrying a couple of years ago.

Not sure how either would do here, but I can see why Dyche likes them.

That's why I have wanted us to prioritise forwards for years.

We don't have the resources to cover all the positions we need in the squad. But I think adding a goal scorer makes the biggest difference and I've been frustrated we haven't done that.
But we have tried, we spent 40m on Beto and Chermo last Summer, we loaned Danjuma.

This summer we have added the boys Indy and Lindy, it hasnt been ignored, it just hasnt worked yet.

And I dont wanna beat the same drum, but it doesnt help that our manager is allergic to attacking football, he averages 40 goals a season, we scored 40 goals last season.

We will probably score 40 goals this season.

I’ve been following the US tour of Milan, Utd, RS, City and Real Madrid, mainly to watch the Everton linked players, Chukwueze and Philips.

Both have been heavily involved for Milan and City respectively, and both are playing very well. Philips has lost that excess weight he was carrying a couple of years ago.

Not sure how either would do here, but I can see why Dyche likes them.
When you say excess you do realise it was literally like a kg or something silly like that

Unless you acquire that rare elite striker that is typically out of range , you need other types of players on the pitch that can facilitate goals for strikers which we didn't have last season hopefully with ndiaye , lindstrom or hopefully a midfielder that can set up some chances we'll fare better this season, not discounting that we need more clinical strikers which can't happen until we sell one or two but we need to be able to create more chances overall

Unless you acquire that rare elite striker that is typically out of range , you need other types of players on the pitch that can facilitate goals for strikers which we didn't have last season hopefully with ndiaye , lindstrom or hopefully a midfielder that can set up some chances we'll fare better this season, not discounting that we need more clinical strikers which can't happen until we sell one or two but we need to be able to create more chances overall
In 2018 Burnley finished 7th, they scored 36 goals, their top scorer was Chris Wood on 10 goals, their xG was 32.
In 2020 Burnley finished 10th, they scored 43 goals, their top scorer was Chris Wood on 14 goals, their xG was 47.
In 2022 Burnley were relegated in 18th, they scored 34 goals, their top scorer was Maxwell Cornet on 9 goals, their xG was 39.

Its a manger problem.

In 2018 Burnley finished 7th, they scored 36 goals, their top scorer was Chris Wood on 10 goals, their xG was 32.
In 2020 Burnley finished 10th, they scored 43 goals, their top scorer was Chris Wood on 14 goals, their xG was 47.
In 2022 Burnley were relegated in 18th, they scored 34 goals, their top scorer was Maxwell Cornet on 9 goals, their xG was 39.

Its a manger problem.
Yikes that does not bode well so is 43 goals the highest a dyche team has ever scored in the premier league?

Its a manger problem.

In fairness it's sort of an Everton problem too, the last 3 years we probably haven't scored many goals. We are just not a very good attacking team.

People sort of lambast DCLs 7 goals and it's not great. But over the last 5 years or whatever only 1 player has got close or more and that's Richarlison. I'd want more from DCL, but 7 is that that woeful in this team.

There really aren't hundreds of players coming here who are getting us 20+ goals. I think even the Season Richarlison got 10, 4 of them were pens

Yikes that does not bode well so is 43 goals the highest a dyche team has ever scored in the premier league?
I only included those 3 seasons cos I was curious about the season they finished 7th and the season they got relegated, I added the other due to Chris Wood scoring 14 and them still only scoring 43.

To answer your question.

28, 39, 36, 45, 43, 33, 34.

Its a manger problem.
Whilst I get your point here, we have to remember the club and finances/lack of, plus the draw of Burnley in terms of attracting players. I don't think we can judge Dyche too harshly. If he'd been at City with their squad and only scored 30 odd goals a season, then we could blame him.

Let's remember, without him we would almost certainly be in the championship and most likely bankrupt. Our attacking options overall look better with N'diaye and Lindstrom, both creative players. I'm confident under Dyche we will go to BMD as PL club, and right now that is one of the most important things on this clubs agenda!

In fairness it's sort of an Everton problem too, the last 3 years we probably haven't scored many goals. We are just not a very good attacking team.

People sort of lambast DCLs 7 goals and it's not great. But over the last 5 years or whatever only 1 player has got close or more and that's Richarlison. I'd want more from DCL, but 7 is that that woeful in this team.

There really aren't hundreds of players coming here who are getting us 20+ goals. I think even the Season Richarlison got 10, 4 of them were pens
Well, in the last few years, Evertons lowest scoring season was 2023, we scored 34 goals, our Manager was Frank Lampard and Sean Dyche, our 2nd lowest season was 2024, with 40 goals, can you tell me who our manager was??

Other than 23, you need to go back to 2006 to find a season in which we scored 34 goals.

Apart from Lukaku this has been a problem for Everton for most seasons in the premier league. Not many forwards will get into the high teens for us.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back