Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Well, in the last few years, Evertons lowest scoring season was 2023, we scored 34 goals, our Manager was Frank Lampard and Sean Dyche, our 2nd lowest season was 2024, with 40 goals, can you tell me who our manager was??

Other than 23, you need to go back to 2006 to find a season in which we scored 34 goals.

I think Dyche is an issue on that, but also this team don't create many chances.

Apart from Lukaku this has been a problem for Everton for most seasons in the premier league. Not many forwards will get into the high teens for us.

It's true. A bit of a mixture of some bad recruitment, having more cautious managers, but also if you have a top striker they tend to leave quicker than any other position. Probably Rooney and Lukaku could have scored lots for us. Potentially Jeffers too.

High teens?

Well its only Lukaku.

DCL got 16 and 13, Richarlison got 13, Number 10 13, Saha 13, Yakubu 15, then a huge gap to Andrei with 16.

People talk of Doms 2 seasons were he got 16 and 13, none of them penalties as if it's par for us. We have basically had 1 other player who's doing that in about 35 years.

High teens?

Well its only Lukaku.

DCL got 16 and 13, Richarlison got 13, Number 10 13, Saha 13, Yakubu 15, then a huge gap to Andrei with 16.

Exactly, so apart from Kanchelskis Yakubu and DCL no one else (Lukaku aside) has even got above 15 goals in a season for us. There’s not even that many with double figures. Its been a long running Everton problem of we just don’t have enough good attacking players together at the same time.

13/14 and whenever James was fit in 20/21 are the only real times we’ve put some real quality together at the top of the pitch. Barkley Lukaku Mirallas Pienaar/Deulofeu, Richarlison DCL James. Both times we had some decent options off the bench as well.

All too often in the prem though it’s one decent striker with very little top quality support or depth.

Meanwhile we’ve had multiple top defenders to the point where we’ve had the likes of Baines Yobo Heitinga Stones sat on our bench.

Well, in the last few years, Evertons lowest scoring season was 2023, we scored 34 goals, our Manager was Frank Lampard and Sean Dyche, our 2nd lowest season was 2024, with 40 goals, can you tell me who our manager was??

Other than 23, you need to go back to 2006 to find a season in which we scored 34 goals.
We still only average 47 a season since 95/96. A significant jump from Dyche's Burnley, but not massive.

In 2018 Burnley finished 7th, they scored 36 goals, their top scorer was Chris Wood on 10 goals, their xG was 32.
In 2020 Burnley finished 10th, they scored 43 goals, their top scorer was Chris Wood on 14 goals, their xG was 47.
In 2022 Burnley were relegated in 18th, they scored 34 goals, their top scorer was Maxwell Cornet on 9 goals, their xG was 39.

Its a manger problem.
IMG_6416.webp

In fairness it's sort of an Everton problem too, the last 3 years we probably haven't scored many goals. We are just not a very good attacking team.

People sort of lambast DCLs 7 goals and it's not great. But over the last 5 years or whatever only 1 player has got close or more and that's Richarlison. I'd want more from DCL, but 7 is that that woeful in this team.

There really aren't hundreds of players coming here who are getting us 20+ goals. I think even the Season Richarlison got 10, 4 of them were pens
Richy was 13,13,7,10 in his four seasons with us mate - often not playing as the cf too

I really hope not Tim.

But as the chap above says, we also need a RB.

In an ideal world we get a body in midfield, we add a Winger and a RB, then we also "upgrade" our Striking options.

This isnt an ideal world.
Nah this is finally gonna be Patto's breakout Season for us.. 🙏

We've got 3 already, tho 2 have aged a tad. tho giving them new contracts, I can't see us heading down that alley. It's time for Patto to show his worth and cement the spot, if as Davek would love, it doesn't work. I still can't see us going for a RB this season now.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back