Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Would be quite Thelwell to go back to his list of 3 strikers in the world I suppose.
Its like he tells the recruitment staff too not scout more than a couple of players at a time then we hover around said names for a few windows. We have a really odd approach too recruitment imo.

Dont think he's ready to be 2nd choice just yet.

Give him 1 more year out of the spotlight to see how he does first.
We need to stop acting like Moyes and Dyche and deciding that Chermito is "too young" or "not ready". Play him so he gets the needed experience. I give you Haaland, Eva Ferguson, Doku, Hojilund, Mainoo etc - all of whom would still in our youth teams if we don't change our approach.

genuinely, if we could sell Keane and Holgate I'd still not sign him. Made of plasticine
Not just that, I think his wages would be more than Holgate and Keane so not sure what the point would be really.

If we are looking to replace Holgate and Keane who we hope won’t be needed much, we may as well replace them with someone young, with potential and willing to come in on half the wages of Holgate initially. Matip is the opposite of that so hopefully Thelwell isn’t having a mad moment

We need to stop acting like Moyes and Dyche and deciding that Chermito is "too young" or "not ready". Play him so he gets the needed experience. I give you Haaland, Eva Ferguson, Doku, Hojilund, Mainoo etc - all of whom would still in our youth teams if we don't change our approach.
Yeah I imagine we’ve had an endless stream of Erling Haalands in our academy and it’s just that no one’s noticed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back