Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Not for me , not good enough on the ball . We need decent footballers in the team to be able to keep and control possession in the final third .

He has a knack for scoring a few goals but his over all play is quite poor
Totally disagree here, the man made things happen!, obviously a great player being Brazils number 9 also!

We have a choice of Dom, KFC, Maupay and an injured Chermiti, and Richie isn’t good enough?

Unreal!

Totally disagree here, the man made things happen!, obviously a great player being Brazils number 9 also!

We have a choice of Dom, KFC, Maupay and an injured Chermiti, and Richie isn’t good enough?

Unreal!

It was amusing reading that, yeah played mostly as a wide forward for us, hit double figures three out of four seasons.

But not good enough when you already have Beto and a player made of cheese string.

We need to stop acting like Moyes and Dyche and deciding that Chermito is "too young" or "not ready". Play him so he gets the needed experience. I give you Haaland, Eva Ferguson, Doku, Hojilund, Mainoo etc - all of whom would still in our youth teams if we don't change our approach.
We need to stop acting like the man who genuinely picks the team?

He is the only person currently in the world that is actually going to make that decision, so what's the point of fabricating an alternative universe were 'we' need to stop acting like the current Everton manager.

FWIW Dyche dealt with Chermiti & all other young players pretty well last season.

Branthwaites value has sky rocketed
We got £10m for Dobbin who at the beginning of last season no one was even convinced he wouldnt leave on a free when his contract was up as he might not of been any good
James Garner got plenty of minutes
Chermiti as a 19 year old first year in the country, in a Sean Dyche team who isnt big on rotation or pointless subs, seemed to do alright, with Dyche giving him more game time as the season went on

Thought this might crop up. Tough call to make given the DCL uncertainty and the Chermiti injury.

Not a tough call really at all. If someone offers just under £20m, we should take the money and move on. We break even just about on the books, and offset the future payments due with incoming payments.

I've no idea if this rumour is true but if it is true, then it's a fairly obvious decision.

For Beto I agree to sell but tough call meaning we need to have a replacement done & dusted before letting him go..Otherwise we are well short up top. Maybe that is why Dia links have resurfaced.

How is it a tough call?

If somebody is willing to give us 20m for Beto we should gift wrap him.
Yeah in isolation you’re probably right. The big picture is that the season starts in two weeks and with Chermiti out and DCL up in the air it’s a big ask to potentially bed in totally new striking options.

Personally I’d take the money for Beto but probably rule out selling DCL before January and then either hope he signs a deal or let it run down.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back