Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

We've got 3 already, tho 2 have aged a tad. tho giving them new contracts, I can't see us heading down that alley. It's time for Patto to show his worth and cement the spot, if as Davek would love, it doesn't work. I still can't see us going for a RB this season now.
Dunno how reliable they are but see rumours that Everton had a bid rejected for that Hellas Verona RB that we were linked with a couple weeks back

Dunno how reliable they are but see rumours that Everton had a bid rejected for that Hellas Verona RB that we were linked with a couple weeks back
We could always add Keane and Holgate in the deal, tho we would probably be handing them Administration in the deal..

That's why I have wanted us to prioritise forwards for years.

We don't have the resources to cover all the positions we need in the squad. But I think adding a goal scorer makes the biggest difference and I've been frustrated we haven't done that.

But we have tried, we spent 40m on Beto and Chermo last Summer, we loaned Danjuma.

This summer we have added the boys Indy and Lindy, it hasnt been ignored, it just hasnt worked yet.

And I dont wanna beat the same drum, but it doesnt help that our manager is allergic to attacking football, he averages 40 goals a season, we scored 40 goals last season.

We will probably score 40 goals this season.

In fairness it's sort of an Everton problem too, the last 3 years we probably haven't scored many goals. We are just not a very good attacking team.

People sort of lambast DCLs 7 goals and it's not great. But over the last 5 years or whatever only 1 player has got close or more and that's Richarlison. I'd want more from DCL, but 7 is that that woeful in this team.

There really aren't hundreds of players coming here who are getting us 20+ goals. I think even the Season Richarlison got 10, 4 of them were pens

Apart from Lukaku this has been a problem for Everton for most seasons in the premier league. Not many forwards will get into the high teens for us.

I think Dyche is an issue on that, but also this team don't create many chances.

Out of DCL, Beto & Maupay we'll be lucky if any reach 10 goals.

Why? Theyre not effective in scoring goals.

Sell all and sign someone who is effective at scoring goals -- Chermiti as 2nd choice.

It seems blatently obvious that we do create chances, our forwards tend to miss them.

The opposition expect us to miss chances. Thats affects our attacking play if the opposition know weve got 3 jigsaws up front.

Weve got 'ok' attacking midfielders on paper, mid table perhaps.

Im not thrilled with the recruitment done in this area in the current window.

Out of DCL, Beto & Maupay we'll be lucky if any reach 10 goals.

Why? Theyre not effective in scoring goals.

Sell all and sign someone who is effective at scoring goals -- Chermiti as 2nd choice.

It seems blatently obvious that we do create chances, our forwards tend to miss them.

The opposition expect us to miss chances. Thats affects our attacking play if the opposition know weve got 3 jigsaws up front.

Weve got 'ok' attacking midfielders on paper, mid table perhaps.

Im not thrilled with the recruitment done in this area in the current window.

Dont think he's ready to be 2nd choice just yet.

Give him 1 more year out of the spotlight to see how he does first.

Happy Kalvin Phillips will he sign or not week :). If we do sign someone this week i expect it will be Phillips. Man City should be due back from their tour.
And some outgoings pleaseeee (only Keane, Holgate, Maupay, DCL allowed lol)

Personally I’d be happy with Kalvin Phillips on loan for a season with an option to buy as it gives us an option for the Gana role.

Then I think we should be looking at Brandon Williams that is a free agent after leaving United because he can play left and right back from memory and is young.

Then if we can get a fast winger or two from abroad to use all our loan spots up. If DCL goes then I’d go for just one winger on loan and a striker on loan.

Window done and I’d give that a 10/10 for Thelwell.

Linked with him last season I think. Could be something in this as Thelwell has previously gone back in for targets looked at before. Then again probably just jarg.

Fairly sure he’s available, but don’t be expecting him to make an impact from the bench! 😮

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back