Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

True, but with Maupay some team will take him, he ticks the boxes of experience, a position most teams need cover in, and has scored goals in this league.
He also ticks the box of being an unsuferable idiot.

He also has to agree to the move. If players are currently here and involved in training, they should be counted

He’s walk into our team at present but levy would want 60m for him and he’s not worth it.

As a loan I would image that his loan fee would be excessive knowing how levy operates and I don’t think we can spend 10-15m on a player for a season that will end up not being ours to sell later.

Being brazils number 9 used to mean something as they have regularly produced world class players throughout history but the Brazil team has been pretty ordinary by their standards for a while now. There are no R9’s, rivaldos , romarios, ronaldinhos at this moment in time

Oh yeah can't imagine how it'd been doable financially, basically as you point out the costs are way too high especially given his next move will likely be the last one he commands a premium at, late in the window if spurs really wanted shut though could see him moving on loan (sadly not to us)

Appreciate I may be wrong here, but I still don't feel he has even been given a chance yet.
He gets a chance to prove himself every day in training though and they clearly don’t think he’s a patch on Dom and possibly don’t even rate him ahead of Chermiti. That’s the reason we haven’t seen much of him in matches.

He gets a chance to prove himself every day in training though and they clearly don’t think he’s a patch on Dom and possibly don’t even rate him ahead of Chermiti. That’s the reason we haven’t seen much of him in matches.

Thing about Beto is not exactly sure what type of striker he is, a run the channels one maybe - might have actually suited a Moyes Everton in fact.

He's not a great target man, not clinical, interplay is average at best, works damn hard and can't fault his attitude either (guessing why we went for him in truth) but yeah need to minimise the financial loss on him now, another season like last with him then 28 we'd struggle to get rid on a permanent move I think.

Thing about Beto is not exactly sure what type of striker he is, a run the channels one maybe - might have actually suited a Moyes Everton in fact.

He's not a great target man, not clinical, interplay is average at best, works damn hard and can't fault his attitude either (guessing why we went for him in truth) but yeah need to minimise the financial loss on him now, another season like last with him then 28 we'd struggle to get rid on a permanent move I think.

….seemed obvious to me after his first game that he’s a threat if he gets behind the CBs running at goal, just like Patterson put him in to score against Newcastle. As you suggest, he’s game when running the channels but he not technically the best at protecting the ball and holding onto possession.

I get the impression he was bought without being watched as he’s never looked like a player we’ve needed.

Replace Onana you frauds. I want 2 Onana replacements, cheap from the french league.

I’d rather have Lindstrom Ndiaye Iroegbunam and O’Brien than have kept Onana.

Some people think Iroegbunam won’t play in the first team. I think he will and he is effectively the low price young prospect replacement for Onana. Sell high and buy a grapefruit to develop and then repeat the process. We were never going to pay big money for an Onana replacement.

Completely agree, if we can recover most of our money we have to do it really, one bad season hasn’t destroyed his value but one more surely would and unlike DCL they clearly have no faith in him. All the talk is the potential loss of maybe 15-20m if DCL winds his contract down but if we don’t play our cards right with Beto the loss could be similar.

I agree, but one managers gem is normally another's cast off and I feel Dyche does makes some strange selection choices.

As I mentioned, I may be completely wrong on this one, but from what I see there was a time when Beto was having a better impact off the bench than Dom and I would had liked him to at least play a handful of games before ruling him out.

I’d rather have Lindstrom Ndiaye Iroegbunam and O’Brien than have kept Onana.

Some people think Iroegbunam won’t play in the first team. I think he will and he is effectively the low price young prospect replacement for Onana. Sell high and buy a grapefruit to develop and then repeat the process. We were never going to pay big money for an Onana replacement.

Should obviously have read prospect not grapefruit!!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back