Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I'd rather Beto be given a proper go but if that's true we have to move him on as Dyche clearly doesn't rate him and I am not convinced he will adapt to this league. Maupay will be off anyway.

No it wouldn't mate, that's not how transfer fees work.

The initial payment contract for buying the player does not alter even if you sell the player whilst still paying off it.

You're right I expect. But I remember (in an old and feeble way) it reported when we signed him this was the deal to help enable the pay later aspect for us.

Funny old game this transfer lark though.

Yeah I think if we’re happy to bin Beto then Dom stays regardless. I’m not even that bothered about the contract situation any more- there clearly isn’t big money out there for selling him regardless so we’re not missing out on a massive payday if he winds it down. There’s big risk to selling him and also a risk to renewing him on the sort of contract we’re offering so it’s impossible to say what’s best really so I’d probably keep him and play the rest by ear.

Anything on Dom is profit and saving about 4 mill+ on wages, its a lot of money mate.

You're right I expect. But I remember (in an old and feeble way) it reported when we signed him this was the deal to help enable the pay later aspect for us.

Funny old game this transfer lark though.

Yeah we paid nothing first year but loaded up payments onto year two (this) and next

Totally disagree here, the man made things happen!, obviously a great player being Brazils number 9 also!

We have a choice of Dom, KFC, Maupay and an injured Chermiti, and Richie isn’t good enough?

Unreal!

He’s walk into our team at present but levy would want 60m for him and he’s not worth it.

As a loan I would image that his loan fee would be excessive knowing how levy operates and I don’t think we can spend 10-15m on a player for a season that will end up not being ours to sell later.

Being brazils number 9 used to mean something as they have regularly produced world class players throughout history but the Brazil team has been pretty ordinary by their standards for a while now. There are no R9’s, rivaldos , romarios, ronaldinhos at this moment in time

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back