Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Still reckon we have Broja in the chamber.

Think if this Beto thing is genuine, we'd see Gnoto arrive pretty quickly after btw, I do think rightly or wrongly that if the finances become available then he will be the outright priority straight away.

Leeds bringing in another winger aids that as well btw after they lost the other lad

Well if Beto goes I don't see DCL going now, the Chermiti injury changes the situation a lot.

Maupay I can't see how we keep him or why so I don't think it changes him leaving.

But yeah if Beto leaves then it means a striker is pretty much way more urgent.

The trouble with selling Beto is his fee to Udinese would become due, so it would have to be a pretty good one and up front.

I sense a loan with decent fee and/or option to buy next season would make more sense.

The trouble with selling Beto is his fee to Udinese would become due, so it would have to be a pretty good one and up front.

I sense a loan with decent fee and/or option to buy next season would make more sense.

No it wouldn't mate, that's not how transfer fees work.

The initial payment contract for buying the player does not alter even if you sell the player whilst still paying off it.

Think if this Beto thing is genuine, we'd see Gnoto arrive pretty quickly after btw, I do think rightly or wrongly that if the finances become available then he will be the outright priority straight away.

Leeds bringing in another winger aids that as well btw after they lost the other lad

Could be mate be a boost to our cashflow - if thats the issue with Gnonto, would have the jitters running with DCL, Young Youseff and Maupay for the season.

Well if Beto goes I don't see DCL going now, the Chermiti injury changes the situation a lot.

Maupay I can't see how we keep him or why so I don't think it changes him leaving.

But yeah if Beto leaves then it means a striker is pretty much way more urgent.
Yeah I think if we’re happy to bin Beto then Dom stays regardless. I’m not even that bothered about the contract situation any more- there clearly isn’t big money out there for selling him regardless so we’re not missing out on a massive payday if he winds it down. There’s big risk to selling him and also a risk to renewing him on the sort of contract we’re offering so it’s impossible to say what’s best really so I’d probably keep him and play the rest by ear.

Yeah I think if we’re happy to bin Beto then Dom stays regardless. I’m not even that bothered about the contract situation any more- there clearly isn’t big money out there for selling him regardless so we’re not missing out on a massive payday if he winds it down. There’s big risk to selling him and also a risk to renewing him on the sort of contract we’re offering so it’s impossible to say what’s best really so I’d probably keep him and play the rest by ear.

Echos my own thoughts now on the matter.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back