Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Think he looks like last day of the window move tbh clubs looking for a striker trying to get a loan

Think we will get another two in if honest window is really slow with sales and just take one to make movement across the league. Even with a takeover wont really see massive changes would help if moshiri restrutures the loans

It's not that a takeover would make a huge difference to the transfer business in that we'd suddenly have £50m to spend.

It's more that as it stands, Everton are still losing money hand over fist and unlike last season, there's nobody currently in line to fund it other than Moshiri, who has said he will if he has to, but how can we trust him to do that?

We're fine for now - the TV money will have landed or be about to land, we've sold Onana and made good money on Dobbin etc. But in two months' time if there's still no movement on a takeover process, things may look different. Cash flow is the issue.

It's not that a takeover would make a huge difference to the transfer business in that we'd suddenly have £50m to spend.

It's more that as it stands, Everton are still losing money hand over fist and unlike last season, there's nobody currently in line to fund it other than Moshiri, who has said he will if he has to, but how can we trust him to do that?

We're fine for now - the TV money will have landed or be about to land, we've sold Onana and made good money on Dobbin etc. But in two months' time if there's still no movement on a takeover process, things may look different. Cash flow is the issue.
An owner who’s will dip into his pocket, could help with down payments, instead of constantly looking for loans or a tiny down payment or no down payment. It’s one of the reason we have a very poor centre forward on our books who will cost us 25mil

IMG_5533.webp

No, WE are saying goals arent everything.

A functional team is more important than having 1 player who scored a shedload of goals.

Ahh the Royal WE..thanks for sharing. Joe Royal scored 23 when we won the league in 69/70 and as I remember Halland scored quite a few last year when City won the league. One thing for certain we need to score more as a team, you need a main scorer and goals spread out amongst the team. Apart from Doucoure are midfield has been pitiful in recent years.

Ahh the Royal WE..thanks for sharing. Joe Royal scored 23 when we won the league in 69/70 and as I remember Halland scored quite a few last year when City won the league. One thing for certain we need to score more as a team, you need a main scorer and goals spread out amongst the team. Apart from Doucoure are midfield has been pitiful in recent years.
If you want Everton to score more goals we need a manager who values goal scoring.

I don’t get this attitude - why would we villify anyone for looking out for their own interests?

If I was in his position my future would be paramount, not the club’s. We need to keep this simple…..him not going is also down to the club who were seemingly wanting £35m from a club that were also being strangled by PSR so he’s here for one more year as it currently stands so let’s make the most of that.

Yes it doesn’t help us but let's be honest our predicament has been mainly caused by the chaotic running of the club throug( years of mismanagement.
Think a lot of fans are getting fed up of the me me me culture with well paid players , we have made him a very wealthy man through what many would say has been quite a poor return for the money earned with many weeks/months out injured and yes you can say its not his fault getting injured.
He can see the position we are in money wise trying to strengthen i think some people for once would like to see a bit of a pay back to help the club out even if he signed a 1 year extension would help us out short term , someone wants him we have a little leaverage for 12 months

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back