Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Think a lot of fans are getting fed up of the me me me culture with well paid players , we have made him a very wealthy man through what many would say has been quite a poor return for the money earned with many weeks/months out injured and yes you can say its not his fault getting injured.
He can see the position we are in money wise trying to strengthen i think some people for once would like to see a bit of a pay back to help the club out even if he signed a 1 year extension would help us out short term , someone wants him we have a little leaverage for 12 months
I get that, but it has been widely reported though that he’s not signing a new contract so if he has genuinely told the club he’s not going to sell, the club should place a sensible market value on a guy whose 27, very little goal return and injured for the vast majority of two years up until this season. He could have strung us along

Asking for £35m with those stats is not going to attract many suitors at that valuation and his supposed wage demands, so like it or not he has the upper hand contractually. I suspect he will go later in the summer but if he does another year, then at least we get one more year of whatever service we get.

DCL have seen lots of friends and co-workers being treated poorly by the club. He has had some of the best years of his career taken away from him after giving everything and playing through pain and injuries. He is playing for one of the most defensive managers in world football and getting abuse for not scoring unrealistic amounts of goals.

Football is cynical. Football clubs are awful employers. You'll have to look after yourself - no one else will.

Fans are spoiled. The majority of them that desperately wants to be a voice of reason knows next to nothing about football. They don't like football. they don't understand football, they hardly watch football and you'd expect many of them to gladly take a relegation i that meant more likes, followers, subscribers or Patreons.
DCL has been treated unreal by the club, injured for years and then under performing week on week and still gets offered a new contract.

He has the worst conversion rate in the league of any striker.

He is lucky to be an Everton player.

I get that, but it has been widely reported though that he’s not signing a new contract so if he has genuinely told the club he’s not going to sell, the club should place a sensible market value on a guy whose 27, very little goal return and injured for the vast majority of two years up until this season. He could have strung us along

Asking for £35m with those stats is not going to attract many suitors at that valuation and his supposed wage demands, so like it or not he has the upper hand contractually. I suspect he will go later in the summer but if he does another year, then at least we get one more year of whatever service we get.
Is it the price Everton value him at or his wage demands that’s scuppered the move though ?

anyone catch this from the Grauniad? identifying a player each club should sign?????????????

Everton: Kalvin Phillips​

There is a gaping Amadou Onana-shaped hole in the Everton midfield following his departure to Aston Villa last month. Tim Iroegbunam has already gone the other direction, swapping Villa Park for Goodison Park, but Everton need more experience in the centre of midfield. Kalvin Phillips struggled during his loan spell with West Ham in the second half of last season, but the former Leeds man would prove a handy addition for Everton. He is an effective ball winner who has the requisite skillset to succeed in a Sean Dyche side. Crucially, he needs to rebuild his reputation and try to win back his England spot.

anyone catch this from the Grauniad? identifying a player each club should sign?????????????

There is a gaping Amadou Onana-shaped hole in the Everton midfield following his departure to Aston Villa last month. Tim Iroegbunam has already gone the other direction, swapping Villa Park for Goodison Park, but Everton need more experience in the centre of midfield. Kalvin Phillips struggled during his loan spell with West Ham in the second half of last season, but the former Leeds man would prove a handy addition for Everton. He is an effective ball winner who has the requisite skillset to succeed in a Sean Dyche side. Crucially, he needs to rebuild his reputation and try to win back his England spot.
Yeah but the Guardian think blokes can have babies…

I am indeed warming more and more to Phillips, with only 3 weeks of the window left, I am starting to tweak.

To fill the onana shaped hole we just need someone to come on for the last 20min and appear arsed

So behind the times, we've cured that with Jesper & Armstrong... ...miracles do happen.

Is it the price Everton value him at or his wage demands that’s scuppered the move though ?
It’s the aggregated value of any deal so both, but if he doesn’t get his salary now because the transfer fee eats into it, he’s got a better chance obviously free next year. It will be us that will lose out on a fee, so if we have to yield we should be practical and yield, even if we sell for only £15m-£20m

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back