Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Think a lot of fans are getting fed up of the me me me culture with well paid players , we have made him a very wealthy man through what many would say has been quite a poor return for the money earned with many weeks/months out injured and yes you can say its not his fault getting injured.
He can see the position we are in money wise trying to strengthen i think some people for once would like to see a bit of a pay back to help the club out even if he signed a 1 year extension would help us out short term , someone wants him we have a little leaverage for 12 months

I think a lot of fans are asking for someone to do something they themselves would not do in the same situation.

Absolute nonsense.

Two league season scenarios…

Scenario 1 - 38 nil/nil draws.
Scenario 2 - 38 games where you win every game 6-5.

Which scenario gives you the league title with a positive GD, and which could put you into a relegation battle?

Strikers win you everything. It’s why we’re in the position we’re in now.
You're going to feel very silly after we win the league with us winning every game 1-0, with the goal machine Jake O'Brien scoring every goal...

Think a lot of fans are getting fed up of the me me me culture with well paid players , we have made him a very wealthy man through what many would say has been quite a poor return for the money earned with many weeks/months out injured and yes you can say its not his fault getting injured.
He can see the position we are in money wise trying to strengthen i think some people for once would like to see a bit of a pay back to help the club out even if he signed a 1 year extension would help us out short term , someone wants him we have a little leaverage for 12 months
Crazy to think anyone would do this. Fans and clubs have absolutely no loyalty to players whatsoever. They are only tools that are appreciated for as long as they are useful. If they lose form, get injured or a better player comes a long they are quickly discarded without a second thought.

Crazy to think anyone would do this. Fans and clubs have absolutely no loyalty to players whatsoever. They are only tools that are appreciated for as long as they are useful. If they lose form, get injured or a better player comes a long they are quickly discarded without a second thought.
I understand that I'm just thinking in this day and age of money and greed how many of the players in the passed 5-6 years will be revered like the Balls, Labone's, kendalls etc just a sad thing about football now I think

Crazy to think anyone would do this. Fans and clubs have absolutely no loyalty to players whatsoever. They are only tools that are appreciated for as long as they are useful. If they lose form, get injured or a better player comes a long they are quickly discarded without a second thought
Tell you what mate that’s some way of looking at it suppose it saves you a lot of fume ,hats off to you

I've not seen this lad other than dipping into the Olympics but at the price quoted (spread over a few years) it would surely be a better use of funds than a one year loan for Phillips

Height would be a bonus.

We have just signed 2 16 year old Centre forwards in Braiden Graham & Ceiran Loney.

He would join next year and the better players will play up the age groups.

I understand that I'm just thinking in this day and age of money and greed how many of the players in the passed 5-6 years will be revered like the Balls, Labone's, kendalls etc just a sad thing about football now I think
DCL have seen lots of friends and co-workers being treated poorly by the club. He has had some of the best years of his career taken away from him after giving everything and playing through pain and injuries. He is playing for one of the most defensive managers in world football and getting abuse for not scoring unrealistic amounts of goals.

Football is cynical. Football clubs are awful employers. You'll have to look after yourself - no one else will.

Fans are spoiled. The majority of them that desperately wants to be a voice of reason knows next to nothing about football. They don't like football. they don't understand football, they hardly watch football and you'd expect many of them to gladly take a relegation i that meant more likes, followers, subscribers or Patreons.

We support Everton not the player , and if what the player is doing effects us in a bad way then of course your not gonna be happy about it don’t care if it’s the 60s 70s whenever , don’t understand why fans bend over backwards making excuses for these players

DCL have seen lots of friends and co-workers being treated poorly by the club. He has had some of the best years of his career taken away from him after giving everything and playing through pain and injuries. He is playing for one of the most defensive managers in world football and getting abuse for not scoring unrealistic amounts of goals.

Football is cynical. Football clubs are awful employers. You'll have to look after yourself - no one else will.

Fans are spoiled. The majority of them that desperately wants to be a voice of reason knows next to nothing about football. They don't like football. they don't understand football, they hardly watch football and you'd expect many of them to gladly take a relegation i that meant more likes, followers, subscribers or Patreons.
Judging off our league table finishes past few years our players don’t seem to know a lot either

Football clubs are awful employers? Where else can you be paid millions and millions of pounds whether you perform or not? Where else are you guaranteed your wages when long term injured and unable to do your job? I wouldnt mind a terrible employer like that.

Would be another set piece weapon too. Under Moyes we used to be a generally small team (although certain players good in the air like Cahill). Were now one of the tallest teams in the league, it counts for a lot even down to the psychology of lining up in the tunnel as a physically imposing team, and making every set piece difficult to defend with multiple possible targets.

The top teams have been doing it for ages Dias Stones Rodri Ake Gvardiol Haaland all massive. Arsenal similar with 4CBs along the back, Rice Partey holding and Havertz upfront.

Set pieces remain a huge difference maker in games.

Any truth in these richardson links / rumours?

Know nothing about him but just imagine him, O'Brien and Branthwaite in the same team. Just play for corners will be our tactic....

Very early is truth but no close reading what others have said

If we brought him in then looking at contracts expiring, we'd only need 1CB and 1CM to replace Holgate, Keane, Doucoure and Gana.

O'Brien 23 6'6
Branthwaite 22 6'5
Richardson 22 6'5
Iroegbunam 21 6'
Garner 23 6'1
Ndiaye 24 5'11
Chermiti 20 6'4

A very young and tall spine. If we signed Richardson we'd have pretty much recyled the central spine of the pitch in a short period.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back