Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

DCL have seen lots of friends and co-workers being treated poorly by the club. He has had some of the best years of his career taken away from him after giving everything and playing through pain and injuries. He is playing for one of the most defensive managers in world football and getting abuse for not scoring unrealistic amounts of goals.

Football is cynical. Football clubs are awful employers. You'll have to look after yourself - no one else will.

Fans are spoiled. The majority of them that desperately wants to be a voice of reason knows next to nothing about football. They don't like football. they don't understand football, they hardly watch football and you'd expect many of them to gladly take a relegation i that meant more likes, followers, subscribers or Patreons.
Just so I'm clear, DCL is hard done by because he got an injury, despite being paid 80k (ish) and contributing next to nothing for years. Making him a multi millionaire out of the club.

But the fans, who spend a good % of their wage watching the club they love let them down almost all the the time, are the spoilt ones?

DCL have seen lots of friends and co-workers being treated poorly by the club. He has had some of the best years of his career taken away from him after giving everything and playing through pain and injuries. He is playing for one of the most defensive managers in world football and getting abuse for not scoring unrealistic amounts of goals.

Football is cynical. Football clubs are awful employers. You'll have to look after yourself - no one else will.

Fans are spoiled. The majority of them that desperately wants to be a voice of reason knows next to nothing about football. They don't like football. they don't understand football, they hardly watch football and you'd expect many of them to gladly take a relegation i that meant more likes, followers, subscribers or Patreons.
Honestly you can’t win with some people. We would have been down with Dyche, 100%. We have simply had to play a bit more defensive because our attackers are awful. However, I actually don’t understand where this defensive stuff comes from. I have seen plenty of other Everton managers who have been much more defensive than Dyche. Big Sam, Rafael, even Lampard, Dyche has this poor reputation however I would argue the last 9/10 leagues games last season especially I thought we were good to watch and positive, apart from the drubbing by Chelsea.

Honestly you can’t win with some people. We would have been down with Dyche, 100%. We have simply had to play a bit more defensive because our attackers are awful. However, I actually don’t understand where this defensive stuff comes from. I have seen plenty of other Everton managers who have been much more defensive than Dyche. Big Sam, Rafael, even Lampard, Dyche has this poor reputation however I would argue the last 9/10 leagues games last season especially I thought we were good to watch and positive, apart from the drubbing by Chelsea.
We tried to press high, play high line vs Chelsea, play out of the back see the outcome... They gratefully punished us for that.

Despite that I agree we are not the best team to watch and never will be under Dyche.

Just so I'm clear, DCL is hard done by because he got an injury, despite being paid 80k (ish) and contributing next to nothing for years. Making him a multi millionaire out of the club.

But the fans, who spend a good % of their wage watching the club they love let them down almost all the the time, are the spoilt ones?
Other than being inured while playing and training - he was our best CF the entire time. We have been an absolute mess and he fed off scraps. As for being a multi millionaire - that is what the club offered him, not his issue.

Not sure which group are more strange the pro dcl group or the anti dcl lot. Both sides come up with some proper mental stuff.

If he stays he stays, if he goes he goes. We’ll be fine with him and without. If he is to go in the next 12 months then hopefully it’s this summer leaving us with some money to replace him.

I like the looks of the almeria forward were linked with Largie Ramazani 34 games 3 goals in the 22 /23 season , whoever is in charge of his wiki page didn’t even bother updating his 23/24 stats !

I like the looks of the almeria forward were linked with Largie Ramazani 34 games 3 goals in the 22 /23 season , whoever is in charge of his wiki page didn’t even bother updating his 23/24 stats !
Almost more red cards than goals.

KFKFK.webp

An owner who’s will dip into his pocket, could help with down payments, instead of constantly looking for loans or a tiny down payment or no down payment. It’s one of the reason we have a very poor centre forward on our books who will cost us 25mil
But due to PSR and current cash flow issues that wouldn't have changed this window even with Freidkin (or anyone else) in.

It would have made the future more secure of course.

PL footballers are living the dream
'Terrible employers' 😆
Seriously lad that's 'nuff guff

But due to PSR and current cash flow issues that wouldn't have changed this window even with Freidkin (or anyone else) in.

It would have made the future more secure of course.
To take this window in isolation, we are ok for PSR, surely?

We sold Onana for 50m.
Dobbin 10m
Godfrey 12m

We paid for Ndiaye 4m
Obey 4m
Tim 2m

We have plenty of PSR wiggle room, the problem would be we need to keep cash due to our crippling interest payments on loans.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back