Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Ha Ha Ha. A football club and a commercial-pubic body are way different.

One is a cultural totem that players should be representing with pride and community uppermost; the other is a job where people have the right to get as much as they can from being exploited.

If you dint get that then I really dont know what to say to you.

So people should play for Everton for free? Do you agree? Or give 100% of their wages to the community?

Pioneer, you.

Ha Ha Ha. A football club and a commercial-pubic body are way different.

One is a cultural totem that players should be representing with pride and community uppermost; the other is a job where people have the right to get as much as they can from being exploited.

If you dint get that then I really dont know what to say to you.
This is so disingenuous it’s making my eyes itch.

Football is, and has long been a game for mercenaries, and if I was a less lazy man I’d find you acknowledging and bemoaning that fact in the vaults.

On topic: ANNOUNCE SOMEONE EVERTON

There may have been in the past, but I think the Premier League and the money it brought into the game changed all that.
Nah, it hasn't changed that much. It might have for players but we fans cant think like that.

What a palaver if fans are now saying "yeah, player x, fill yer boots. Dont mind us"

If they are mercenaries, no one should be disappointed when they are away with the national teams and tout themselves as wanting to move to a higher club or play in the CL or if they run down their contracts.
To accept that they are mercenaries as fans we should be able to treat them with the same contempt on the pitch if they don’t perform.
It doesn’t work both ways.

Not sure this is the same as any normal working position though is it.
The whole business is built on tribal loyalties, not some brand loyalty.
We all know our financial situation and to let your contract run down to add a few more millions to your personal wealth and expect everyone to just shrug and get on with it is a bit of a stretch.
The club has been loyal to him, I’m sure most fans think he should do the same.
Ask Barkley how he feels about it now.
To you, maybe.

I have seen that and to be honest DCL at 30m is better value than Solanke at 60m.
Solanke was excellent last season but certainly did not show form to warrant 60m in seasons before that. He is also the same age as DCL so not going to improve on what he already is.
Before the injury , DCL was understudy to Kane for Engand and Solanke was not mentioned.

However, I do agree with you that it seems Solanke is Spurs bound.
I’ve seen people say it a lot but I have to say I don’t remember dom ever being the undisputed back up to Kane for England.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back