Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Which applies to every working person everywhere.
His first and only priority should be himself.
Not sure this is the same as any normal working position though is it.
The whole business is built on tribal loyalties, not some brand loyalty.
We all know our financial situation and to let your contract run down to add a few more millions to your personal wealth and expect everyone to just shrug and get on with it is a bit of a stretch.
The club has been loyal to him, I’m sure most fans think he should do the same.
Ask Barkley how he feels about it now.

Not sure this is the same as any normal working position though is it.
The whole business is built on tribal loyalties, not some brand loyalty.
We all know our financial situation and to let your contract run down to add a few more millions to your personal wealth and expect everyone to just shrug and get on with it is a bit of a stretch.
The club has been loyal to him, I’m sure most fans think he should do the same.
Ask Barkley how he feels about it now.
Tribal loyalties for a fan certainly not for a player. For the vast majority of them it's a job, they may kiss the badge while they're here but they'll do exactly the same at their next club.

If you think a player who plays in a team sport should do best for himself instead of the team and club who employs him then I really dont know what to say.

Maybe it's a Thatcher's children thing...

….the same clubs who dismiss youngsters they’ve had for years but then decide won’t make it. It’s a ruthless business, but it’s a great time to be a top flight footballer, even an ordinary one.

I presume you don’t think Everton should sign players who have run down contracts at other clubs?

Not sure I've ever worked with a single person who puts our company above themselves before.
Agree

As an employee you owe the company you work for nothing.

You have to look after yourself as ultimately you are just a commodity to them and they will have no hesitation in getting rid of you if needs be.

It's no different in any sport but we as fans let sentiment get in that way and expect players to behave in a different manner to any other workplace.

If you think a player who plays in a team sport should do best for himself instead of the team and club who employs him then I really dont know what to say.

Maybe it's a Thatcher's children thing...
I mean I'm probably older than you and lived through the Thatcher years. So again stop throwing around your baseless lies.
Isn't there some bricks on the new stadium you want to take offence with, probably stay with that shtick because your knowledge of football matters is 'kin clueless.

How is it different? Everton an employer, Dom is an employee. They pay his wages, offer him pay rises, say how long they want him to be an employee.

Ha Ha Ha. A football club and a commercial-pubic body are way different.

One is a cultural totem that players should be representing with pride and community uppermost; the other is a job where people have the right to get as much as they can from being exploited.

If you dint get that then I really dont know what to say to you.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back