Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

What do you find confusing @Eggs? You must understand that players develop and situations change and thats what i'm talking about if we want a player to score goals this season then signing someone from League 2 might not be the best idea but someone who was playing in league 2 4 years ago but has then had chance to develop in the championship and had a year in the premier league is a different matter I think thats obvious. This thing about getting every signing right at the start of their journey is very strange that just isn't a realistic way of doing business you get some like that but getting hung up that every player we sign could have been bought for cheaper at some point in the past is totally pointless.

Forget Broja go and get Elijah Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalana Ayomikulehin Adebayo if as is likely Dom goes. He's available at a reasonable fee has averaged 7-15 goals in the Championship and PL the last three years, big lad, puts in a shift , decent conversion rate.
We could buy a second player from just getting his name put on the back of the shirts

Thinking aloud here, Iroegbunam, Camara (now Marseille) and Richardson seem to have all been gettable for £30mil combined.

Makes me wonder why we didnt buy all three, to join Garner. We'd then have 4 long term players to 'complete' central midfield. Gana as the experienced 5th player.

I posted this to @Nymzee a week or so back and also today, perhaps Harrison Armstrong has impressed Dyche during preseason and so we'll add him to Garner, Iroegbunam, Gana and Doucoure?

He then replaces one of the last two next summer. A random long shot suggestion but that seems to be logic enough.

Perhaps that may be why we arent hearing any CM new signing updates.
Because dyche has probably said to kev you’ve brought your youngster in midfield, now I’m Getting an experienced midfielder, with prem experience. He will also I’m play doucoure deeper( disaster waiting to happen) before Tim imo

It does seem we are now in sell to buy mode. A debt-burdened, cash constrained, PSR pressurised, wage-trimming, loss-making football club will always miss out on far more players than it can sign.

We clearly wanted to get most business done in time to have at least some preseason with us. It remains to be seen if we have prioritised the right players but to eg sign the hypothetical three midfielders per Zat we would have had to forego O’Brien and Lindstrom (loan fee). We do not have the luxury of stockpiling lots of players for the future.

To take this window in isolation, we are ok for PSR, surely?

We sold Onana for 50m.
Dobbin 10m
Godfrey 12m

We paid for Ndiaye 4m
Obey 4m
Tim 2m

We have plenty of PSR wiggle room, the problem would be we need to keep cash due to our crippling interest payments on loans.
It depends on the outcome of the delayed second part of the second case mate (22-23).

If that goes against Everton, which it shouldn't, then they could be back in the red and need a sale. But I think with Onana's sale they should be okay as that should be able to be counted in 23-24 if needed.

PSR is still a concern going forward though. Amortisation of other players' doesn't stop and wages are still too high. But they should be okay yes.

Cash flow is the big thing.

Well it could have because , TFG could have paid Leeds the down payment fee. Its would still be broken down over the 5yrs regarding the accounts

Not necessarily when the club is hemorrhaging money hand over fist each month. There's priorities.

If Friedkin had gone through, they'd have paid £600m give or take for the club (assuming they'd have written off all debt and paid Moshiri circa £50m for his shares). Then that's without even counting money they'd immediately have to pump in to help with cash flow.

And £18m is a lot to just put down and produce from nowhere. Going and spending that on a player - that's exactly what PSR doesn't allow you to do.

The positive point of a takeover on transfers would have been that it meant the club could be sure there would be money down the line from said new owners, so they would have a bit more confidence to use existing budgets (or cash brought in from sales) to purchase. New owners can't just chuck money for transfers without at least down the line having revenue to support that, that's the whole point.

It does seem we are now in sell to buy mode. A debt-burdened, cash constrained, PSR pressurised, wage-trimming, loss-making football club will always miss out on far more players than it can sign.

We clearly wanted to get most business done in time to have at least some preseason with us. It remains to be seen if we have prioritised the right players but to eg sign the hypothetical three midfielders per Zat we would have had to forego O’Brien and Lindstrom (loan fee). We do not have the luxury of stockpiling lots of players for the future.
True also alot more players become available towards the end of window could get some on loan

Apparently Spurs are looking for a centre forward. I would guess that this is a move DCL would love.... but would Spurs like to sign DCL ?

If so, then Richarlison back to Everton may not be totally impossible.
Richarlison still clearly loves Everton, Spurs don't want him and he has refused a move to the Middle East.
If Everton were to buy Richarlison for 60m(same as selling price apparently) and sell DCL for 30m to Spurs then some of the balance could be reduced by the sale of either Beto or Maupay.

Certainly unlikely , certainly not easy but would be good moves for Richarlison and DCL, good for Everton and Spurs( if they are interested in DCL) and probably manageable for Everton.

Richarlison is two months younger than DCL which I find strange because he seems to be around forever.

I think most Evertonians would love to see him back.

I realise this is board game transfers but interesting nonetheless.

Apparently Spurs are looking for a centre forward. I would guess that this is a move DCL would love.... but would Spurs like to sign DCL ?

Richarlison still clearly loves Everton, Spurs don't want him and he has refused a move to the Middle East.
If Everton were to buy Richarlison for 60m(same as selling price apparently) and sell DCL for 30m to Spurs then some of the balance could be reduced by the sale of either Beto or Maupay.

Certainly unlikely , certainly not easy but would be good moves for Richarlison and DCL, good for Everton and Spurs( if they are interested in DCL) and probably manageable for Everton.

Richarlison is two months younger than DCL which I find strange because he seems to be around forever.

Spurs are not interested in DCL mate. There hasn’t been anything to ever suggest they’re remotely interested. Looks like they’re signing Solanke anyway.

Sadly, in today's market Richarlisson is no longer worth 60m.

Spurs are not interested in DCL mate. There hasn’t been anything to ever suggest they’re remotely interested. Looks like they’re signing Solanke anyway.
I have seen that and to be honest DCL at 30m is better value than Solanke at 60m.
Solanke was excellent last season but certainly did not show form to warrant 60m in seasons before that. He is also the same age as DCL so not going to improve on what he already is.
Before the injury , DCL was understudy to Kane for Engand and Solanke was not mentioned.

However, I do agree with you that it seems Solanke is Spurs bound.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back